+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The gaffer

The gaffer

Simply question folks , should he stay or should he go ...?

If you think his time is up then who would you replace him with. Remember it’ll need to be somebody that can work with a low budget
    Our poor crowds and possible lower final league position will have a knock on effect to next seasons finances

I'd go for McIntyre and Dodds to replace Naysmith if the club have any ambition of getting to the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Simply question folks , should he stay or should he go ...?

If you think his time is up then who would you replace him with. Remember it’ll need to be somebody that can work with a low budget
    Our poor crowds and possible lower final league position will have a knock on effect to next seasons finances
    The very fact we would need to honour (pay off) the contracts of GN and presumably his assistant would also impact budget wise. I don`t see any progress under GN. He talks a great game and I think he comes over really well in interviews but the product on the pitch is pretty awful.

Im 50/50 re the managers future but one thing is for sure, if Dumbarton get relegated its going to be one seriously tough division next season.

If he does go I reckon Dobbie would be a strong bet for the hot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Im 50/50 re the managers future but one thing is for sure, if Dumbarton get relegated its going to be one seriously tough division next season.

If he does go I reckon Dobbie would be a strong bet for the hot seat.

yep deek next manager has dobs name wrote all over it ,but as pointed out above low crowds ,and everything on a downward spiral at queens under our current leadership ,if we go any further in a backwards direction ,i can see us losing alot more fans ,so we are at a point ,either go for it and get to the financial safety of the spl or end up back at square 1 bounding about the lower leagues as a part time outfit ,after the success queens have had since turning fulltime i cant see the fans turning out if we take any backwards step anymore and could result in the end of queens .

I think Gary has to go. Apart from a few good games he hasnt done anything. His signings have been poor, his team selection doesnt make sence and for such an experienced defender he cant organise the defence. We only play well when we are 2 goals down or if we start well and go 2 goals up we always crumble. He has had long enough to prove himself.
    Mcintyre with Dobs or Lyle player/assistant for me. Jim bringing the experience and Dobs/Lyle beeing attacking minded players could bring the flare we need. Mon the south

Heard from a good source that Pep, Klopp and Mourinho have been short-listed if we stay full-time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Heard from a good source that Pep, Klopp and Mourinho have been short-listed if we stay full-time!
    Hope it's Pep or Klopp, we are boring enough with out have Mourinho as gaffer lol

Club can’t afford to change manager so more of the same next season in a tougher league.
    Rather depressing for our centenary season.

Quote Originally Posted by lcfc57 View Post
    Club can’t afford to change manager so more of the same next season in a tougher league.
    Rather depressing for our centenary season.
    Last sentance above is very relevant !

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)