+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The gaffer

Andy Stirling ???

Two of Mr Naysmith's quotes from today's Standard '' I imagine how high we finish up the league the more I will have for my budget
    NEXT SEASON '' and '' we need to defend better and we can't be starting games at half - time '' 1 - looks like he will still be the gaffer
    in the next campaign. 2 - Mr Obvious !

Those players you've mentioned that are apparently useless or bad news were the same that were part of the team that had a tremendous start to the season .
    Admitidly they lost there way but part of the managers job is to instill confidence in the players we know they had it in them .
    As I mentioned before non of the players Barr Dobbie have played anywhere near as well as they can , something's drastically wrong.
    As girl being a young team those are his
    words not mine.
    Brownlie fie eg was a great prospect before he came home he's no where near as confident of competent now.
    Mercer hus own signing has gone from a terrible player to just poor and lacking confidence.
    Jack should be no where near first choice keeper but he has no alternative bug to play him.
    It could ruin the poor lad.
    As far as pelters are concerned I'm not too sure there's any less in the current team receiving the same .
    I'm not sure where the high expectations from the fans comes from , theres a small budget for players , imo a useless Manager with a dour outlook that is too costly to be payed off ( he'd dump the club tomorrow given the chance ) , John Rankin an ever present And a keeper who no doubt will be released with a pay off (his 4th of his career) in the summer who has probably cost 1000 pound a game to date .
    Love or hate Robinson he was never injured and as far as his kicking was concerned it's a fallicy that he continually kicked the ball out the park.

Newby, could you cluck the spill chock baton?

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Newby, could you cluck the spill chock baton?

i think we could prob all agree that its going to take a decent cash injection to correct how far we have declined ,most of the team will have to be punted manager and assistant have to be punted ,we need to get a decent squad on the park as priority during the offseason ,we need to get our youth system back on track ,the board are either going to have to dig very deep in there own pockets to get us back moving or the alternative is relegation with prob part time football back to obscurity ,which is totally unacceptable .

Ha sorry about that ,too hasty hence the tryping errors

I would have Robinson back like a shot but it doesn't change the fact he's a lose cannon and the fans were getting fed up of him last season. He left under a dark cloud the first spell with us iirc? I imagine he's just a difficult individual to handle rather than being harshly treated by the club.

I don't think we need as big a rebuild as people are making out. Player wise , sign Thomson, new striker alongside Dobbie, new right back, decent keeper ideally and we are more than half way there.

Newby, - absolutely no problems sir / madam, merely an attempt at a little humour at a very dark time.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    I would have Robinson back like a shot but it doesn't change the fact he's a lose cannon and the fans were getting fed up of him last season. He left under a dark cloud the first spell with us iirc? I imagine he's just a difficult individual to handle rather than being harshly treated by the club.

I don't think we need as big a rebuild as people are making out. Player wise , sign Thomson, new striker alongside Dobbie, new right back, decent keeper ideally and we are more than half way there.
    just another 2 cm and 2 dc to add to that jacobs and rankin are gutter brownlie is is rubbish and has never looked anygood

Deek that is the most sensible post in a long time.

Add in the fact that the management duo need to adopt a completely new strategy, which accepts nothing less than 100% from any of the players (and themselves).

That should be the new club motto for the Centenary season(s)

Get the passion and the hunger back into the club and the punters will come back.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)