+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The gaffer

They can only do there best and if they do , I think they would be respected and appreciated regardless of the consequences.
    They certainly don't want to be learning from Naysmith.
    For me the most important thing for a manager is to get the players ti respect you and buy into your methods, that's half the battle and something to build on.
    With Dobbie and Lyle you'd have that instantly and I think it would also be easier to attract players.
    It will probably happen that Naysmith after touting his interest about ,will leave the club and Dobbie and Lyle will step in as interim while looking for a replacement ,then who knows

An interesting concept Newby, - but I'm not sure that Naysmith will leave if he is being paid, thus my suggestion that a little gentle persuasion may be required in the nudging stakes.

Regardless, there must be a change, and for Naysmith's sake I do hope he accepts that change is required and that he welcomes the help and advice of a fresh brain or two with real passion for the club.

If he doesn't, I fear that the alternative for him is oblivion within football; conversely his status could rise exponentially with a fresh look at the game.

The same could be said for Queen of the South, and with the shirt draw on the horizon and potential investors considering their options, (I know of at least one who is concentrating on Annan for heaven's sake) the first of our Centenary double header is needing a major boost tout de suite.

With respect to Dobbie and or Lyle being potential management material there are an awful lot of assumptions being made the prime one being that they are interested in going into management. Dobbie I would assume has made enough money throughout his time down south to be comfortable and Lyle seems to have a few businesses in the Central region which will keep him busy when he finishes come the end of the season. No one mentions Rankin as a possible manager and considering the number of teams he has played for he will have had plenty of experience with some well known names and remember the best players seldom make the transition into management.

Rankin is a decent shout Spike. Giving him job is an ideal way out of keeping him out of the first team .

As far as I am aware Dobbie is either on the way to, or by now possibly completed his uefa b coaching badges.
    I think that the fact that both he and Lyle are in good financial positions would make the position more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Rankin is a decent shout Spike. Giving him job is an ideal way out of keeping him out of the first team .
    One way of looking at it but having been the SPFA players representative he will certainly have the contacts in the Scottish game as well as being on speaking terms with most.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    One way of looking at it but having been the SPFA players representative he will certainly have the contacts in the Scottish game as well as being on speaking terms with most.
    I totally agree with you on the contact side of things . Added bonus that he probably wouldn't play as well.

I totally agree with you on the contact side of things . Added bonus that he probably wouldn't play as well.
    Player Manager

The fif**** minutes v Livi, when we scored two cracking goals took me completely by surprise. It showed that we can play good stuff at Palmerston. League stats don’t lie at the end of the season. Our defence has conceded a barrow load. GN was an international defender. I dread to think where we would be right now, if Dobbie had been injured for a lengthy period. I am heartily fed up of the service Dobbie has been getting and the position he has been asked to play. The first half v ICT was all too typical of GN’s approach at home. We have averaged a point a game - relegation form.
    James Fowler was sacked - harshly imo - for achieving more.
    I expect GN to be in place next season but I am not confident that our anniversary is going to be crowned in glory.

ETA John Rankin - this has got to be his last season as a player surely.
    Last edited by Tam_o_Terregles; 14-04-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tam_o_Terregles View Post
    The fif**** minutes v Livi, when we scored two cracking goals took me completely by surprise. It showed that we can play good stuff at Palmerston. League stats don’t lie at the end of the season. Our defence has conceded a barrow load. GN was an international defender. I dread to think where we would be right now, if Dobbie had been injured for a lengthy period. I am heartily fed up of the service Dobbie has been getting and the position he has been asked to play. The first half v ICT was all too typical of GN’s approach at home. We have averaged a point a game - relegation form.
    James Fowler was sacked - harshly imo - for achieving more.
    I expect GN to be in place next season but I am not confident that our anniversary is going to be crowned in glory.

ETA John Rankin - this has got to be his last season as a player surely.
    To be fair , the Livvy game would have been great for the neutral. We started like the proverbial house on fire and then Livingston proved what a very good side they are by taking us by the throat , looking dangerous every time they attacked . ( they are going to be a major obstacle to whoever lines up against them in the play offs). We then finished really strongly and I was a bit disappointed that no one mentioned that in the inquests after.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 14-04-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)