+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The gaffer

Robinson was great under GS and during JTs short spell it all seemed to go wrong when Naysmith arrived,maybe due to Naysmiths game plan of trying to lump the ball 70yds up the pitch and play the percentages game.
    Not only could Robinson probably not do it but can't imagine him wanting to. Maybe it was a bit of frustration.
    As far as loose canons concerned AJ was soon off the mark to sign him when the window re opened and he knows all about him.
    Robinsons distribution was and still is one of the strengths but it certainly didn't look that way under Naysmith.
    As you can well gather there's not I like about the Gaffer, from his recruitment, his set up of the team,his tactical awareness and his post match comments.
    I reckon he will be applying for Any vacant position to protect his reputation with the excuse of non success is due to lack of funds and left with a poor squad.
    Dobbie and Lyle to be in charge soon , just a hunch

Newby, if Naysmith cannot, or will not change his management style then Dobbie and Lyle would certainly bring the passion back to Palmerston...............and maybe that drummer and the rest of the fans would be awakened from their enforced slumbers.

I'm sure it's something that Dobbies considered annd think it's purely down to timing.
    Queens have fumbled there way through the season with no signs of any gradual improvement ,moreso when you consider the biggest impact has been loanees soon to dissappear.
    Let's get the family feel back to the club and success will follow .

Firstly , I'm a bit in the middle when it comes to Naysmith which brings me to my next point. If Naysmith was to go then who realistically could improve us. Bear in mind our financial position etc . Come on then , plenty of you slating him so time to get in the real world and let's hear the alternatives?
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 12-04-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Firstly , I'm a bit in the middle when it comes to Naysmith which brings me to my next point. If Naysmith was to go then who realistically could improve us. Bear in mind our financial position etc . Come on then , plenty of you slating him so time to get in the real world and let's hear the alternatives?

jr for every name that someone mentions as an alternative ,someone will come out say we cant afford them so no point anyone mentioning who thay would like ,but i say let him go and see what candidates apply for the job and take the best of the bunch ,well hope whoever interviews them picks the right man ,thats prob best we can hope for .

JR I will reiterate my point:

"I mentioned in an earlier post that changing the manager is not always the answer, but changing the way the manager manages might be a better option. After Saturday's completely inept first half performance, it is essential that Mr. Naysmith evaluates his managing style, accepts criticism and advice from all quarters and plans a strategy for next season which completely changes the way he sets out his stall."

If that involves Dobbie and Lyle, - then 'ya dancer' as far as I'm concerned, because at the moment there is no passion, strategy or plan B, - and we need the entire alphabet of plans to get Queens going again.

If we were ever to employ Lyle & Dobbie as managers and it all went wrong , would they then be no longer seen as legends

Arrol, there is no guarantee of anything in life.

Let me be clear, my proposal was for Dobbie and Lyle to support Naysmith initially, - to see if his management style can be changed to suit the club, (as opposed to the other way around ie Naysmith suiting himself)

However, just because Dobbie and Lyle are good players that does not necessarily mean they will be good managers.

Having said that, Dobbie and Lyle are both very passionate players, - something which Naysmith lacks. You just have to witness Dobbie on the pitch when a decision goes against him, - he nips away at the referee until eventually he is booked or told to piss off by the official or he will be. That is what we need from a manager.........players being given an instruction which if they don't follow it through - they should be very scared.

I have seen too many Queens players going through the motions this season to last me a life time, - I would like to see Dobbie and Lyle saying to their players, for example "if I ask you to track back, - I expect it all the way, - not for a mere 15 yards" and God help them if they fail to deliver with Lyle and Dobbie nipping at their lugs for the duration of the next weeks training! Lyle is allegedly one of the fittest players in the squad, - so he will expect nothing less than 100% effort.

Livingston are in the position they are now, - not because they have better players than Queens, - but because they refuse to give up, - they are in other teams faces from the first kick to the last; they track back as though their very lives depend upon it; they are street wise in front of the referee and know how to wind up the opposition, and when they are asked by the gaffer to jump, they f'n well jump.

That's what we need at Palmerston, - not some half hearted response from a manager suggesting that the boys are doing the best they can!

McIntyre and Dodds would surely be interested in returing to Palmerston if the need arises?

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    McIntyre and Dodds would surely be interested in returing to Palmerston if the need arises?
    Wouldn't be surprised as it is nearly always the same auld faces doing the rounds in Scottish football management !

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)