+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: o/t Championship relegation

o/t Championship relegation

Looking at the sides in the mix, I reckon only Burton may struggle to come straight back up. Is it getting tougher to get out of League One now?

I don't know Saw, ask us again at easter next year lol.
    Blackburn and Wigan especially have both done well to be top two this season, although its hard to give Wigan too much credit when you see how they have bought their way up. If only we had some rich owners who would do the same with us.

Your new owners Acido - are you likely to see the colour of their (transfer) money in the summer? Why not January - or were they in the middle of the takeover then?

Err I/we doubt it Saw, they haven't particularly impressed us so far but admittedly theres not much they can do with their money while the transfer window is shut. They showed little or no intent in January though, so it doesn't raise our confidence at all.

It took us a few seasons to get used to Lg One before coming back up, and maybe its become a harder league sine then ?.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Your new owners Acido - are you likely to see the colour of their (transfer) money in the summer? Why not January - or were they in the middle of the takeover then?
    Takeover was completed just before xmas .

Wouldn't even stump up a further 100k to buy the Oxford keeper Eastwood in January saw .

Only had the best part of £24m pass through the club these past 18 months .

Not here to spend money mate only to collect , mind you they'll be disappointed , I wouldn't give you two bob for this current crop .

£750k on a striker is little or no intent? Wish we had money to throw away like that.
    KM will do the business for you in league one next season.

Hazza, Keifer had his best game yet for us against Brizzle on Friday, and not surprisingly hes knackered when he comes off after making that sort of effort. Its annoying that he misses some really easy looking chances as well though, he really should have had a few hat tricks already!.
    If his efforts and goals do help keep us up, it will be a cracking 750k spent. Compare that with the 950k on Thiam, hes scored just 1 penalty for us so far in a lot more matches.

You Tykes fans seem surprisingly philosophical about relegation acido. We were nailed on certs for relegation from xmas. You still have a decent chance of staying up. wish we had been i n your position at the same time last season. You must be confident of bouncing back which I can see you doing to be fair if you did do the drop. Or is it just a case like us now you would sooner see em win some games in a lower league than get tonked regularly in a higher league? Its certainly been more pleasant being a millers fan this season than last season wherever we end up now. Last season it was just a case of how many we might lose by every game. A win or draw was a nice surprise.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 01-04-2018 at 08:41 PM.

I could post at great length here Roly when your all asking me/us these questions about us Tykes, but I don't want to bore anybody lol.
    Will we stay up though and if not, will we come straight back up ?. Well my short answer to both questions is 'I doubt it!'.
    Its not good being in the drop zone with 7 games left but this might actually change and improve our lazy non-winning attitude from now on. Lets see tomorrow away at Notts Florist.

Well Forest have nowt to play for and are terminal underachievers so you should have a good chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast