+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reasons for unrest at Tannadice.

Reasons for unrest at Tannadice.

Until the weekend there were IMO three reasons.
    1 - The Chairman.
    Mr Martin has talked the talk but little evidence that things will change.
    To many supporters he’s tainted by his long association with ST.
    To confirm Czaba will be manager next season when we might not even make the playoffs was not a good move.

2 - The manager.
    For many supporters he should be moved out. Allowing him time to rebuild a team for next season is seen as an act of folly.

3 - The players.
    Basically seen as a bunch of wage theiving charlatans. With few exceptions.

And now potential new American owners to add to the mix.
    We all want new owners but any deal involving ST will naturally result in cynicism about his actual motives.

STs motives are clear and crystal , Hard cash please. American owners? Really? WTF would they INVEST in humble old DUFC? Tax ivasion? Drug lords? Gangsters running the Victoria and Albert? Honestly its a fkn joke.
    My concscious is clear about the utd for change senario, not something i wished for!!!!!

Actually for the foreign investors (or any) its not such a bad time to invest.
    The debt is becoming lower, the potential for what really is a minimal investment is enormous. The best time to buy is when close to being on the erse, and we are there.

The boardroom would be totally changed post investment, the infrastructure would change, affiliations would change. From an investment angle it could bring huge rewards, but the park is the main focus for income generation.

What's to be gained by any investor though? Generally, an investor will want a return on that investment. For an investor like Eddie running the club was enough of a return as he was a fan, hard to see similar coming from another country. It depends who it is and their motives I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Actually for the foreign investors (or any) its not such a bad time to invest.
    The debt is becoming lower, the potential for what really is a minimal investment is enormous. The best time to buy is when close to being on the erse, and we are there.

The boardroom would be totally changed post investment, the infrastructure would change, affiliations would change. From an investment angle it could bring huge rewards, but the park is the main focus for income generation.
    We are currently losing money hand over fist. The debt is not becoming lower. We have reduced our losses by cutting back everything on and off the park as well as securing loans against our assets to give short term financial boosts.

We now have no assets to sell/trade with, no players on the park worth anything, a fan base looking more disenchanted and sparse by the week and a manager who looks unable to string a coherent sentence together, never mind a string of positive results.

Due to ST's well publicised determination to get some money for the club, any potential investor will need to shell out a reasonable 7 figure fee for the right to own the club. In doing so they are purchasing a club which is mired in debt, is losing 7 figures a year with no tangible assets unsecured to sell off and a need to pay off a manager, identify and hire a new one then finance a squad to challenge immediately for the top spot. All that could be undone in 5 mins if the investor is a well meaning fan/business man who then goes on to make the incorrect managerial appointment - we've all seen what throwing good money at a bad manager gets you....

The reason there isn't a queue of investors competing is because it's an extremely risky investment and they are unlikely to see any profit for the next 5 years at an absolute minimum, and indeed are likely to have to swallow huge losses in that time. It's an investment only someone as stupid as a fan would take on, which is why the first real tangible interest we have had is from a fan. I hope to **** he is the man to take us forward as we are in severe financial trouble at the minute and that's without considering the ****e we are having to deal with on the park.

I'd be happy enough if he came in and emulated the Yanks over the road to be honest. They have continually reduced the Funs losses whilst getting them promoted and keeping them up there (albeit whilst being utterly ****e) and at least have a few positive ideas to try and improve the financial situation long term - we are not going to get a Man City / Chelsea type guy to come in and start making it rain £100 notes - we don't have the carrot of a multi million pound TV deal to dangle that sort of investor. We need ST out, a wealthy owner to agree to swallow large losses whilst investing in the staff and squad and to see the long game.

Very good pointers FTD1983.

Let's hope the team perform as well tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    We are currently losing money hand over fist. The debt is not becoming lower. We have reduced our losses by cutting back everything on and off the park as well as securing loans against our assets to give short term financial boosts.

We now have no assets to sell/trade with, no players on the park worth anything, a fan base looking more disenchanted and sparse by the week and a manager who looks unable to string a coherent sentence together, never mind a string of positive results.

Due to ST's well publicised determination to get some money for the club, any potential investor will need to shell out a reasonable 7 figure fee for the right to own the club. In doing so they are purchasing a club which is mired in debt, is losing 7 figures a year with no tangible assets unsecured to sell off and a need to pay off a manager, identify and hire a new one then finance a squad to challenge immediately for the top spot. All that could be undone in 5 mins if the investor is a well meaning fan/business man who then goes on to make the incorrect managerial appointment - we've all seen what throwing good money at a bad manager gets you....

The reason there isn't a queue of investors competing is because it's an extremely risky investment and they are unlikely to see any profit for the next 5 years at an absolute minimum, and indeed are likely to have to swallow huge losses in that time. It's an investment only someone as stupid as a fan would take on, which is why the first real tangible interest we have had is from a fan. I hope to **** he is the man to take us forward as we are in severe financial trouble at the minute and that's without considering the ****e we are having to deal with on the park.

I'd be happy enough if he came in and emulated the Yanks over the road to be honest. They have continually reduced the Funs losses whilst getting them promoted and keeping them up there (albeit whilst being utterly ****e) and at least have a few positive ideas to try and improve the financial situation long term - we are not going to get a Man City / Chelsea type guy to come in and start making it rain £100 notes - we don't have the carrot of a multi million pound TV deal to dangle that sort of investor. We need ST out, a wealthy owner to agree to swallow large losses whilst investing in the staff and squad and to see the long game.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    STs motives are clear and crystal , Hard cash please. American owners? Really? WTF would they INVEST in humble old DUFC? Tax ivasion? Drug lords? Gangsters running the Victoria and Albert? Honestly its a fkn joke.
    My concscious is clear about the utd for change senario, not something i wished for!!!!!
    None of the above actually.

The American consortium is being led by Alistair Borthwick who is head honcho of hedge funds in Bank of America Myril Lynch. To see how wealthy this guy is, a few years back he bought a $14.5 million Manhattan townhouse and is a very well respected and known figure in the higher banking circle in New York.

I believe the consortium's plans are to get us back to where we belong and competing for Europa league qualification and Scottish/League cups, rebuild our youth and scouting network and repair the club's image/brand that was damaged by that moron ST.

I personally don't see this as a bad thing, word is, the debt is being wiped out and ST's shares are all but gone, further investment will follow. This will all take part in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab87 View Post

The American consortium is being led by Alistair Borthwick who is head honcho of hedge funds in Bank of America Myril Lynch. To see how wealthy this guy is, a few years back he bought a $14.5 million Manhattan townhouse and is a very well respected and known figure in the higher banking circle in New York.

I believe the consortium's plans are to get us back to where we belong and competing for Europa league qualification and Scottish/League cups, rebuild our youth and scouting network and repair the club's image/brand that was damaged by that moron ST.

I personally don't see this as a bad thing, word is, the debt is being wiped out and ST's shares are all but gone, further investment will follow. This will all take part in the next few weeks.
    If this happens it will be precisely what I hoped for.

I remain sceptical, but open minded.

If it does happen, I will be looking for the Club to improve facilities for disabled fans. But that is a personal crusade and one which I hope can be easily addressed by a new board with purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab87 View Post

This is best news I have heard for many a year.

This guy sounds like the real deal. A united man too wanting to do a bit of good back at his old hometown club. Sounds perfect 👌

I really hope this comes off.

Thanks for this A87

Fantastic news potentially 🤞🤞🤞

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)