+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Accrington Stanley (02.04.18)

All i can say to that team is wow... maybe KN is trying to confuse Stanley as they would of watched Notts to prepare for this game.... certainly confused me but hey lets see what the boys can do, its a shame Jones ain't even in the squad but I see O'Connor on the bench which is a great sight. Now come on Forte grab a hat trick today and shut all of us up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Agreed. Against a team who are in absolutely red hot form, play a load of players who have hardly figured or been mostly ineffective. let's hope Nolo has some idea of what he's doing cos no-one else does!!!
    That's the plan - all this analysis that clubs have done on Notts can be thrown out of the window and no-one knows what will happen.

Perhaps KN had this down as a loss whatever he did and so he might as well rest a few.

Oh wait a minute... no Ameobi or Stead... does that mean they might actually try to play some passing football? interesting....

Nolan is apparently very "upset" about the hoofball criticism and has decided to play it on the floor at Accrington. This will confuse Coleman and the Accy Ultras. With the score 0-0 after 80 mins he will introduce the A Team of Shola, Stead, Grant, Hewitt and Noble and pull off a 1-0 win...

Unfortunately the pitch is at best soggy, at worst an unplayable quagmire, so ironically maybe the hoofball-charge tactics would have been the better option.
    Last edited by pravda_plc; 02-04-2018 at 01:22 PM. Reason: meh

1 of 2 possibilities.
    A)he’s picked that team out of a hat.
    he’s picked all the players he doesn’t rate/people moan about not getting picked in a stoopid formation so that if we get beat he can justify not having to pick them again.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    1 of 2 possibilities.
    A)he’s picked that team out of a hat.
    he’s picked all the players he doesn’t rate/people moan about not getting picked in a stoopid formation so that if we get beat he can justify not having to pick them again.

There is a possibility C)..he knows more than us.

Weird choices , wholesale changes (7). It is a brave but high risk strategy - also potentially unfair all round to players and fans if this team gets stuffed and he uses it as an excuse to "can" some of these blokes.

Why put Husin, Walker, Milsom & Virtue in against the top team? Makes no sense at all really. I think some first choice players have been under performing, despite some of our fans believing they all brilliant, but this selection is plain odd. If it works then why have so many of these been completely overlooked of late?

If we win - he is a genius/hero in some people's eyes, I'd say he would be the luckiest bloke in the world tbh.

Damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

We have a bit of pace up front which is what people have asked for.
    Hall in at the back which people asked for.
    People saying Noble is crap, now he is dropped, what people were asking for.

I don’t have a problem with this side. It might prove a master stroke after what was a tough physical encounter on Fri day.
    It looks like a side with a number of players with a point to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Nolan is apparently very "upset" about the hoofball criticism and has decided to play it on the floor at Accrington. This will confuse Coleman and the Accy Ultras. With the score 0-0 after 80 mins he will introduce the A Team of Shola, Stead, Grant, Hewitt and Noble and pull off a 1-0 win...

Unfortunately the pitch is at best soggy, at worst an unplayable quagmire, so ironically maybe the hoofball-charge tactics would have been the better option.
    They were my thoughts too why wait for a quagmire of a pitch to play footballers and a fast man up front the pitch will slow him and the rest of them down .i'm still hoping for the 2-0 win I predicted but not so sure now .

Poor old Forte, up front by himself with a midfield thats never played together in support against the divisions in form team.
    Nolan has set him up to fail.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast