+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Accrington Stanley (02.04.18)

... the pitch is not a quagmire. Good surface, grass very short.

And it makes it even more ridiculous that Forte wasn’t on the bench on Friday.

Squad rotation is the order of the day by the looks of it. With two games in 3 days then it's understandable that there would be changes.

Also remember when prior to kick off at Exeter away there were wholesale changes made which many frowned upon and we went and won 3-0 there.

Could today be the last time we see some of today's players in a Notts shirt if they don't produce the goods?

You don't make 7 changes to a team that is trying for promotion against the team at the top away from home & 6 games left.Forte is on a hiding to nothing.Soccerman will agree to all 7 changes

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    You don't make 7 changes to a team that is trying for promotion against the team at the top away from home & 6 games left.Forte is on a hiding to nothing.Soccerman will agree to all 7 changes

Spot on mate.

If Accrington has had anything like the volume of rain that we've had up here, it would have made hoofball excusable. You can't pass through the midfield on a day like this. I agree with Pies4U if this works Nolan will be the luckiest manager alive. The one thing he has managed against the top dogs is the element of surprise. He's also making it clear that when players let him down (as in the last 2 games) they are replaceable.
    Delighted to see Forte but can he prove to be match fit and can he hold up the ball? Predict Ameobi and/or Stead will be on by 50 minutes.

A win for Accy will be a giant step towards going up.Think they will be up for it

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    A win for Accy will be a giant step towards going up.Think they will be up for it

Really, I think they want to lose this one.

Bizarre! I'm glad he's mixed it up a bit, but seven changes and a completely new formation is a massive gamble against a promotion rival. There doesn't seem to be much fight in that team either.

I have no idea how this is going to go, so I'll reserve judgement until 5pm.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I agree with Pies4U if this works Nolan will be the luckiest manager alive.
    So basically he can't win?

P.S. I'm surprised Collin survived the axe to appear in this 11

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast