+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Accrington Stanley (02.04.18)

I think after last season we can be very happy with our league position. Having said that it doesn't mean you cannot say if you are currently unhappy with certain things. Personally I think you can play long ball if you are getting the results but as soon as you don't then that style of play comes quickly under fire. Nolan for me shows an inability to admit he's in the wrong and a stubbornness which works against him. I don't think we'll make the play offs as we seem to have lost that bit of spirit and the feel good factor and we know how quickly Notts can drop.

In summary then after last season then yeah we are doing well overall so Nolan's position shouldn't be in doubt but I'm looking for a lot more in terms of performance next season. We have a good budget for this level and decent support, these excuses season after season can't go on for too long as let's face it, this division is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    We could do with getting an equaliser more to keep us in with a shout of the playoffs as I think today is when we say goodbye to our automatic promotion prospects.

We simply do not have the form or firepower to get a top three place.
    We'll be lucky to stay in the playoffs at this rate,

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think after last season we can be very happy with our league position. Having said that it doesn't mean you cannot say if you are currently unhappy with certain things. Personally I think you can play long ball if you are getting the results but as soon as you don't then that style of play comes quickly under fire. Nolan for me shows an inability to admit he's in the wrong and a stubbornness which works against him. I don't think we'll make the play offs as we seem to have lost that bit of spirit and the feel good factor and we know how quickly Notts can drop.

In summary then after last season then yeah we are doing well overall so Nolan's position shouldn't be in doubt but I'm looking for a lot more in terms of performance next season. We have a good budget for this level and decent support, these excuses season after season can't go on for too long as let's face it, this division is poor.
    We had an excellent chance of automatic this season and blew it!

Dirt absolute f@@king balls yet another defeat and down to 5th... that's 2 points from a possible 12... we are in total free fall now... Virtue had a chance after 60 minutes so that left another 30 to try pull it around but we had just 1 shot off target in that entire time... well done to Stanley as they actually know how to play football and win games... if we make the play offs i will be very very surprised indeed, my gut is telling me another season in this dreadful division

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Virtue’s missed a sitter.
    In~Swinging cross found Virtue unmarked at the far post....heads wide....grrr

Forte also had a glorious chance to equalise...snap shot from the edge of the 6~yard box went inches wide

Not a bad game, with Nolo getting a look at a different set~up

Coventry lost 6-2, should be a good thing for Saturday's game.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think after last season we can be very happy with our league position.
    After the second half of last season and the first half of this one, we can be disappointed with our position. I suppose progress is there if you choose to include Sheridan's time and ignore the last 3 months. People have tried that but only the hard of thinking are buying it.

Doesn’t sound like we were too bad today, but Christ almighty, we were averaging 2 points a game until Christmas. It’s taken a cock up of colossal proportions to put even the play offs in major doubt.

If I was Hardy I’d be seriously wondering if I was going to give Nolan a transfer budget this summer.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 02-04-2018 at 04:05 PM.

We've been poor to watch all season, since Yates left poor results to match the performances.
    Play offs would be a result based on the last few matches, there is literally no team in the division I'd fancy us to beat right now.
    Nolan doesn't know what to do, he's young and inexperienced, hopefully he's a quick learner and we will reap the benefits from his learning curve next season. I think he and Hardy will need a better plan for the summer than they had in the Christmas transfer window.
    Wycombe stuck by Ainsworth last season in similar circumstances, for once I hope we show some patience.

Lincoln 6th, Coventry 7th, each with a game in hand. If they win these games Notts will be 8th.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast