+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Accrington Stanley (02.04.18)

I was expecting a loss today so cant say im surprised.

The difference between Coleman and Nolan is he encourages his team to keep going for the killer second goal we dont do that.

We need something out the Coventry game lose that and we will be in danger of not making the play offs.

Why didnt we go two up top and have a go ??? Too negative as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

If I was Hardy I’d be seriously wondering if I was going to give Nolan a transfer budget this summer.
    How many of Nolan's signings have even looked the part?

The Coventry and Lincoln game in hand is against each other so Notts can only drop to 6th but also Mansfield have a game in hand and can be a point behind Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    We'll be lucky to stay in the playoffs at this rate,
    All the teams around us have a game in hand. Exeter above us and Lincoln, Coventry, Mansfield and Swindon and we are 4 points clear of Mansfield who are on 63 points. This could reduce to 1/2 points.

On current form in the last 5 games we are 15th with 6 points. On this basis we are on course to finish on 73 points.

All is not lost though as last season Blackpool got promoted having got 70 points and 18 wins and finished 7th. I’m not sure if 70 points will be enough this season for the playoffs so we could do with a couple of wins in our last five.

The Coventry home game is massive now.

Its disappointing we have all but lost an automatic promotion place after being in the top 3 for so long, but relying on two mid 30’s strikers was never going to last the whole season. Plus the loss of Yates and the drop in form of Grant and the injury to Bennet have all contributed.

If we don’t make the playoffs then that will add insult to injury and whilst in the grand scheme of things this season will have been good progress will be an excellent opportunity thrown away. Let’s keep positive and hope it does not come to that.

The calls for KN’s position to be reviewed are a bit wide of the mark in my opinion regardless of where we finish. He’s a young manager and will have learned a lot in his first full season as a manager. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 02-04-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Nolan just said we can get all 15 points that are available. I'll have a pint of what's he's on.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I cannot understand Accrington, does their manager know nothing? Why are they not trying to consolidate?
    It's catching! Luton, Wycombe, Exeter, Lincoln - not one is trying to consolidate! It's a good job our manager knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Nolan just said we can get all 15 points that are available. I'll have a pint of what's he's on.

Perhaps he should say lets throw the hat in, we are going to lose the lot. That would make a few on here quite happy.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Lincoln 6th, Coventry 7th, each with a game in hand. If they win these games Notts will be 8th.
    how do you work that out. mansfield are currantly 8th and 4 points behind us.
    redo your maths

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I was expecting a loss today so cant say im surprised.

The difference between Coleman and Nolan is he encourages his team to keep going for the killer second goal we dont do that.

We need something out the Coventry game lose that and we will be in danger of not making the play offs.

Why didnt we go two up top and have a go ??? Too negative as usual.
    Totally agree with this... its like we got to 50 pints and then just went on cruise control after we secured safety... the difference between us and the rest of the teams in this division is when they go behind they at least go for it and to hell with the result... we go one down and then nothing... maybe a shot off target but rarely ever go for it with all our might.... of course if you offered me this at the start of the season I would of taken your arm off but now its gut wrenching to see the terrible performances churned out week in week out with absolutely no sign of it getting any better... as for the playoffs.... if by some miracle we sneak in there we wont get any further as you have to know how to win games in that format and not just settle for draws before the game even starts... a totally gutted Notts fan here

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Perhaps he should say lets throw the hat in, we are going to lose the lot. That would make a few on here quite happy.
    What he says ^^^^^^^ This time last year we were going out of the League we have come along way this season.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast