+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs - Yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    at least that was tier 3 😁
    You must fancy a return to that level, to experience a promotion battle again.

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    at least that was tier 3 😁
    In case you had forgotten Es*** here's a reminder of how it went for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmdrDZz0jNM

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    In case you had forgotten Es*** here's a reminder of how it went for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmdrDZz0jNM
    It's always good to see the old classics again. The Coventry result on Monday put me in mind of this, which is why I was asking where people are sitting at Wembley. It was after the first leg of the Yeovil play-off that posts were being made on the Forest board about that (in the days they had posters) . File with 'On loan to Division One' t-shirts. That was real too, btw

Some 13,000 season tickets have been sold, and the club shop is selling T-shirts announcing: 'Forest - On loan to Division One.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-1460687.html

Yes - We have 5 games left. 2 wins minimum will see us through in my opinion.

If we can't beat two from Coventry, Yeovil, Colchester, Grimsby or Luton and we don't make it then it will be our own fault and we won't deserve it.

Your question is largely irrelevant because even if Notts qualified for the playoffs (by virtue of others' bad results rather than their own successes) they wouldn't get beyond the first game in the playoffs. Their form is up the khyber, their confidence is shot. To go up would be a disaster and guarantee another season mired in relegation trouble.

Tanks for reminding me of your Yeovil debacle, Es***red.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Tanks for reminding me of your Yeovil debacle, Es***red.
    My thanks to es***red also, a very pleasant little wander down Memory lane! After the first leg there were "Forest at Wembley" t-shirts for sale on ebay at the time, and 20 or so dumbarses actually bought them! I wonder what the seller did with the 980 unsold items! I might have been tempted to pay a couple of quid for one in case I ever ran out of bog roll.

I can still see the grown men sat crying in the stands. Vs Yeovil what party poopers, what a great night that was.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Your question is largely irrelevant because even if Notts qualified for the playoffs (by virtue of others' bad results rather than their own successes) they wouldn't get beyond the first game in the playoffs. Their form is up the khyber, their confidence is shot. To go up would be a disaster and guarantee another season mired in relegation trouble.
    Blimey Mystic Sid, is there no start to your talents

Please explain this theory of going up being a disaster? As I see it, this side will need changes in the summer and will see a complete overhaul in personnel anyway. Whether competing in league one or two. So either way the team that starts in August will and should be nothing like the one that ends this season with

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast