+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs - Yes or no?

Think we'll scrape in but if our recent form is anything to go by we'll lose in the semi's.

NO.

...and we don't deserve to be in the play offs with the form we've been in since the turn of the year.

It's all about next season now. Personally i'd start work on the retained list right away and that shouldn't take long !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Think we'll scrape in but if our recent form is anything to go by we'll lose in the semi's.
    I entered the World 'Hard On' championships last year and got to the semi's.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    What a flop.

Cov to win 8-1 tho???
    You know Mansfield would sneak it in injury time or on pens.

It's a 'No' from me. Not enough quality, tactical nous and sadly the passion and determination which covered a multitude of deficiencies earlier in the season has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    It's a 'No' from me. Not enough quality, tactical nous and sadly the passion and determination which covered a multitude of deficiencies earlier in the season has gone.

Thats it then, not bothering now .

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Might be better off missing out all together than scraping in on the back of form from 7 months ago.

Will give Nolan and Crossley more time to organise their tactical and recruiting master plan for next season.

They will be so happy with you for that....

Show off. I was eliminated in the pre-qualifiers.

I think we'll make the play-offs, which lest we forget was the most almost any of us hoped for at the start of the season, but I think it's apparent now that we aren't ready for League One (yet).

Only three teams have conceded fewer goals than us, and only three have scored more, so we're pretty much where that would suggest, but while I think we do need to strengthen central defence in the summer, the area where we've really faded is up front. Jorge Grant's goals covered up the limitations of our strikers earlier in the season, but we're relying on two veterans in their mid-30s who have simply run out of steam over the course of a long hard season, and the back-up options (Forte, Saunders) simply aren't consistent or good enough.

In goal, full-back and midfield we haven't got world beaters, but we have players who are decent for this level. If we recruit well in the summer (and we're going to need at least three good strikers closer to the middle of their careers) then we could take the next step forward.
    Last edited by jackal2; 02-04-2018 at 06:20 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast