+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs - Yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I'm going to stay positive and say yes. Although as a veteran of the last 3 times we were in play-offs I don't fancy our chances of winning them with this squad. I also completely dread the idea of us losing at Wembley like we did to Bradford all those years ago.

However, finishing the season this high-up the table and with the same manager we started it with is a triumph in itself.
    Bradford game...grrr....left 3 minutes early with the whole family, 7 of us......could not stand to watch the oppo celebrating....one of the saddest days of my life.

Agreed on the Nolo comment.....we should keep him for at least another full season, wherever we finish this year.....he has worked miracles with this squad....he will have the whole summer to pick his own players.....AH, open the wallet

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    As I often do, I will post what the (impartial) bookies think of our chance of making the Playoffs:

Notts County to make the Playoffs - 4/11 (73.3% chance)
    Notts County to finish outside the top 7 - 2/1 (33.3% chance)

I wish I shared their confidence.
    Turnip Bookmakers have us at 80% chance of the play~offs......lump on

My answer is YES! of course we can finish in the play offs. Its all to play for. I reckon we need to win 2 out of our last 5 games and draw 1. Teams around us are not being consistent either. Plus, our home form is still rock solid and with 3 out of our remaining 5 at home we are in with a great chance, especially when we are currently 4 points clear of 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Turnip Bookmakers have us at 80% chance of the play~offs......lump on
    Lump on with Turnip Bookmakers at 1/4 rather than Skybet at 4/11???

Where betting is concerned, you have an awful lot to learn tarquin.

Lump on with Turnip Bookmakers at 1/4 rather than Skybet at 4/11???

Where betting is concerned, you have an awful lot to learn tarquin.
    The clue was in the title....."Turnip Bookmakers".....as a 20,000 post forum member, you have a lot to learn about humour, sarcasm, wit, humility and self~deprecation Snobbers.....QED

Quote Originally Posted by meadowlane1 View Post
    My answer is YES! of course we can finish in the play offs. Its all to play for. I reckon we need to win 2 out of our last 5 games and draw 1. Teams around us are not being consistent either. Plus, our home form is still rock solid and with 3 out of our remaining 5 at home we are in with a great chance, especially when we are currently 4 points clear of 8th.
    Not after watching the last few home games, we will not get promoted even if we scrape together the points to stay in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We have no chance of being in the play-offs. The way we are playing we will be lucky to get any points from our remaining games, although Nolan thinks we can get 15 points. He is obviously not watching us play.
    Agree. KN seems to believe that we have exceeded expectations this season. Once we reached 50 points, the wheel came off.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    The clue was in the title....."Turnip Bookmakers".....as a 20,000 post forum member, you have a lot to learn about humour, sarcasm, wit, humility and self~deprecation Snobbers.....QED
    Ah, so the error lies with me rather than your failure to understand percentages. Right.

I seem to remember you struggling once before when you were convinced that 37% was a majority!

Ah, so the error lies with me rather than your failure to understand percentages. Right.

I seem to remember you struggling once before when you were convinced that 37% was a majority!
    Yawn......I will leave everyone else to figure out why the Mexican Turnip started a business called Turnip Bookmakers and told everyone else to "lump on".....obviously you are not privy to the subtleties of the English language.....and no, I am not explaining it to you any further......you are boring me now

ps 37% won the election.....I assume because the "other lot" got less?......numbers huh....how the hell "we" won with only 37%, complete mystery

Yes, we are still in with a shout, like all the other teams around us. However, if we don't make the playoffs I'm not going to sit there chucking my dummy out. It's a massive improvement from the last couple of seasons. I would have snapped your arm off at this stage last season if somebody would have told me we would be 5th at this stage.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast