+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were down but let celebrate My Hall Of Fame

Were down but let celebrate My Hall Of Fame

The bubble has burst but we should celebrate and be proud of our recent history. Id like to thank the following who have contributed to our success of either keeping us or getting us to the top tier. Others because they gave me some good memories.
    Hoult, Kuszczak, Foster
    Gaardsoe, Big Dave, Gregan, Clement, Robinson, Mcauley, Olsson, Dawson
    Mcinnes, Koren, Koumas, Morrison, Gera, Brunt ,Richardson, Greening, Mulumbu, Sharner, Yacob, Fletcher
    Taylor, Roberts, Horsfield, Phillips ,Odemwingie, Lukaku,
    Megson & Hodgson

My all time premier team
    Foster
    Mcalley, Ollson, Sharner
    Gera, Koumas, Mulumbo, Brunt, Morrison
    Odemwingie, Lukaku
    Manager Hodgson

Scharner in the back 4? no!
    McInnes or Sharner in for Brunt or Morrison. Midfield is unbalanced otherwise.In fact I'd lose both Brunt & Morrison and play 4-4-2. Balis at right back, unsure at left back.

Foster
    Balis, Mcalley, Ollson, unsure
    Koumas, Mulumbo, McInnes, Gera
    Odemwingie, Lukaku

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    McInnes or Sharner in for Brunt or Morrison. Midfield is unbalanced otherwise.In fact I'd lose both Brunt & Morrison and play 4-4-2. Balis at right back, unsure at left back.

Foster
    Odemwingie, Lukaku
    My team selection is not so much based on a strict formation but more generally on guys who I think have contributed to our club or a favourite of mine.
    Forgot to say that my All Time Player for me is ZOLTAN GERA
    Last edited by wbaliquidator; 02-04-2018 at 06:00 PM.

The Long/Odemwingie was a good partnership, they used to create a bit of havoc amongst most of the top teams.

Shane Long was always a needless signing in my opinion, I always called him the fly in the ointment. Odemwingie was doing just fine until shoved out wide to accommodate Shane I can make a dive out of anything Long. Sorry 54 old pal, strongly disagree there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    My team selection is not so much based on a strict formation but more generally on guys who I think have contributed to our club or a favourite of mine.
    Surely Lee Hughes contributted to the club on the football side of things pitty he was Arsehole in life ,

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post

Foster
    Odemwingie, Lukaku
    Although Balis was actually more effective as an attacking wing back in Megsons 3-5-2 i'd give him the nod. As for your 'unsure' i'd go for Robinson all day long, yes he became more of a liablity as time went on but still the pick of all our Prem left backs, saying that Evans stood in well occassionally, although in present climes I would'nt expect many to acknowledge it.

For me, its neck and neck between Mulumbu and Gera. Mulumbu for shear work rate and energy, Gera for that unpredictable moment of class, ie, volleys, jinking runs, finishing, vision and non stop running. My only regret was with Mulumbu was that in later years he was pegged back into a defensive midfield role, his earlier years of a more rampaging box to box midfielder when he nicked a few goals made him an immense player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Surely Lee Hughes contributted to the club on the football side of things pitty he was Arsehole in life ,
    Lee Hughes was basically pre premiership and jumped ship to Coventry when we lost to Bolton in the play offs. When he came back for one season he never scored one goal. That’s why I left him out.

Lee Hughes was basically pre premiership and jumped ship to Coventry when we lost to Bolton in the play offs. When he came back for one season he never scored one goal. That’s why I left him out.
    Fair play !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)