+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne BBC Football Heaven interview

Warne BBC Football Heaven interview

Just listened to his interview on BBC website. Doesn't sound happy with some of his players. Thankfully he says Towell should be fit for Saturday.

Should think he's very unhappy with them.

Did he explain why he thought it was a good idea to play 3 wingers who can't tackle in a 5 man midfield?

It’s all fine and dandy being unhappy with players but does he question himself?

Good idea what he did today but wouldn’t Taylor have been a better choice when playing one up front? I wasn’t there and haven’t seen anything yet so don’t know.

I did listen to some of the commentary by Brecks who wasn’t happy

It was all wrong today. Warne is going away from what works. Back 4 pick themselves. (2FB, 2C
    Midfield as a 4 it's 2 wingers and 2 CM.
    As a 5 it's 2 wingers 3 CM

We have one CM coming back after long layoff (not ready yet),. One limped out last match,. Leaves us with 3CM
    So wtf did warne play 5 across the middle but only played 2CM..
    Ffs warnie play players in there correct position. And stick to 442...

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It’s all fine and dandy being unhappy with players but does he question himself?

Good idea what he did today but wouldn’t Taylor have been a better choice when playing one up front? I wasn’t there and haven’t seen anything yet so don’t know.

To be fair to Warney he said many times on radio that he’s making mistakes and he’s still learning.

Must admit I never thought this team would be in a play off position, I had us 12th. Think he’s doing a cracking job with average players who have over achieved

Good interview and rightfully unhappy with them by the sounds. The players need to be really wanting this if we're going to stay in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    It was all wrong today. Warne is going away from what works. Back 4 pick themselves. (2FB, 2C
    Midfield as a 4 it's 2 wingers and 2 CM.
    As a 5 it's 2 wingers 3 CM

We have one CM coming back after long layoff (not ready yet),. One limped out last match,. Leaves us with 3CM
    So wtf did warne play 5 across the middle but only played 2CM..
    Ffs warnie play players in there correct position. And stick to 442...
    It seemed to me that Williams had a roving role, mainly used in the first half to close down their defenders, as Ball does most of the time.

Without Towell he had to try something different. Good to see Wiles at least make the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

As i have watched this team throughout the season,it is without a doubt that as a group,they do mirror Warnes personality,he as a manager needs to toughen up,and get the players to do the same,we are soft centred and can be bullied out of the game,Richie Towell is the glue that as held this team together,and if he gets sidelined for any length of time,we would struggle big time,glad to hear he could be fit for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    It seemed to me that Williams had a roving role, mainly used in the first half to close down their defenders, as Ball does most of the time.

Without Towell he had to try something different. Good to see Wiles at least make the bench.
    I just find it very frustrating when we have players for certain positions and don't use them. Warne has been saying ball is a number 10 yet benches him and played a winger in there.
    Wiles is a younger version of frecks so would make a good number 10 but to play any of these we need a sitting midfielder.
    Potter is the only one we have (not available)
    6 games left is not the best time to start experimenting.. he did it earlier in the season making 3 changes and changed the formation for Wimbledon to stuff us.. it then took 5 games to get a settled team and confidence.

Ffs warne keep it simple. I would sooner we use a young player in place of towell than change the position of 4 players like yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast