+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crewe 2 Vale 2

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Always amuses when people try to make out the game isn’t as important for them. I presume you celebrate drawing every game with a pitch invasion.
    Can we also presume that you VFIP go on the message boards of the other 22 teams in the division, I think not. Can you take a hint?[/QUOTE]

No, you’re the only local side of relevance to us right now. I’m not pretending any different.

I like talking to opposition fans on a forum, it adds to the discussion surely.

I find VFIP a fair person with good views, just supporting his/her team like the rest of us.

"Will have to disagree. We have possibly the worst squad we have ever had in my lifetime, and so snatching a late draw against us doesn’t make you anything but equally poor. I think the op had the fairest assessment to be honest. One half each.
    Just watched the highlights of your draw with Stevenage and the celebrations are nothing like it. What you say is just not true. A Handful of fans run up to the barrier as opposed to a pitch invasion and the manager running onto the pitch.
    As for arrogance, the ‘better than everyone else’ arrogance from Crewe fans more than matches any vale fan arrogance.
    Personally I’d say the stats do stand up though. 43 seasons I second tier and 44 in third tier. But you’re right, currently both a ****e and that’s what matters."

The stats don't add up VFIP, you are not a big club at all. I'd wager our home and away are similar bar this one fixture (your cup final).

As for last 20 years - anyone out there be bothered to see who finished each season higher (position in same league or of course when a team is in a league above as Vale were last season). That'd be an interesting stat, and surely a massive club like Vale would win it.....what.....15/5?

I thought we were technically way better than Vale and had more 'better players' but we are 19th for a reason as we have shown in both Easter games, conceded 4 and should have conceded 1. That is our problem.

Incidentally VFIP, you had a much bigger starting budget than ours and will again next season. We are this ****e on 800k, good rumour suggests yours was 1.4m to be ****ier

Quote Originally Posted by valefaninpeace View Post
    We were ****, you were ****, roll on the end of the season.

Always amuses when people try to make out the game isn’t as important for them. I presume you celebrate drawing every game with a pitch invasion.
    My eyes must have deceived me. I thought I saw 2 pitch invasions from PV fans well before ours. Mind I don't agree with either

As far as I am concerned VFP you are welcome anytime, just try to be a bit more constructive on an opposition site

And finally here is a first. I AGREE with Mikesb's summing up.............. well mostly

I’m not going to get into a dick measuring competition because it’s ridiculous considering where both clubs are.
    And I am being constructive. Giving an alternative opinion doesn’t mean I’m not. Being abusive or on an obvious windup is different, but that’s not what’s happening. If you don’t agree, say why. At least it’s better here than a few years ago when the mods deleted differing opinions and edited them to ‘I am gay’.
    I’m not the one arguing it wasn’t a big match for both teams. There is literally video evidence of the fans reactions. Of course stoke would be our bigger rivals, but currently I’d say the Crewe match is bigger than an away trip to Cambridge.

VFIP, trawl through the posts on here (it won’t take long!!) and find some arrogant ones. Meanwhile look at the OVF match threads. Compare and contrast. Delusions of grandeur for Vale fans doesn't even come close. Everybody else is tinpot, irrelevant , tiny etc.

I think at Crewe we all know we are supporting a small town club. I think the perception of arrogance comes from the likes of McGarry (Graham & Len!) and maybe our Chairman who always used to refer to the “Crewe way”,not necessarily the fans, although we normally have something to say about obvious hoofball tactics which has probably annoyed certain teams over the years. Certainly Walsall in the 90’s from memory.

You must admit that you Vale fans constantly go on about what a big club you are – again trawl OVF for that – something us Alex fans would find ridiculous to mention, and in terms of attendances I’ve always thought Vale have about 500 to 1,000 more than us. Yet the Alex average attendance since 2000 (as a barometer of current status etc.) is 5,500 versus Vale’s 5,150. Go figure!

The real problem with the pitch ‘invasion’ at the end was the fact that, as usual, there were a lot of people looking to get to their cars early and standing close to the exit gates and Kirky went to slide across the pitch towards those waiting - excitement and celebrations duly followed. Very little different to Kay running over to the away fans after his cracking effort and fans spilling over to join him - less excuse for either set of fans who taunted each other in the corner.

It’s the flip side of having a compact stadium that generates atmosphere in that the fans are that much closer to the pitch. The Vale commentators on Radio Joke both said that the atmosphere in the local derbies is better at Gresty Road As the ground is fuller and it seems this is the price that was paid.

Having said that, if any of the events on Monday represented an invasion then they were very ill-prepared and rather easily put down by the defending force. The encroaching fans (and management staff!) were quickly cleared from the pitch and the match hardly interrupted- far more dangerous was the flare incident. We all get passionate about our respective clubs and sometimes get carried away. There may have been a small number of fans overstepping the mark but, compared to incidents a few years ago (and not concerning our clubs) this really was a storm in a teacup. Maybe the authorities could arrange for the derbies to be earlier in the season next year - or better still arrange to keep both of us out of the bottom 7 and, even better, in the Top 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by valefaninpeace View Post
    I’m not going to get into a dick measuring competition because it’s ridiculous considering where both clubs are.
    And I am being constructive. Giving an alternative opinion doesn’t mean I’m not. Being abusive or on an obvious windup is different, but that’s not what’s happening. If you don’t agree, say why. At least it’s better here than a few years ago when the mods deleted differing opinions and edited them to ‘I am gay’.
    I’m not the one arguing it wasn’t a big match for both teams. There is literally video evidence of the fans reactions. Of course stoke would be our bigger rivals, but currently I’d say the Crewe match is bigger than an away trip to Cambridge.
    Your views are fine by me VFIP I like the balanced conversation.

Ok, I'm sad (noted) and I worked it out.

Since 96/97 Crewe promoted to First division (to become Championship). So Vale get that one as they were already in that league (so fair starting point).

Crewe have been above Vale in the same league or in a league above 12 to 10. And interestingly Vale have shaded the last four years - so with a spurt you could close the gap on us to 12/11

And regardless of that stat, I still consider us tinpot.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    My eyes must have deceived me. I thought I saw 2 pitch invasions from PV fans well before ours. Mind I don't agree with either
    The first "misbehaviour" came from the youngsters in the Gresty Road end who charged down to the area between that stand and the away side ages before the kick off. The Vale stand was half empty at the time and there were a number of empty seats at that end of the stand so I'm not entirely sure what the Crewe youngsters were hoping to achieve.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast