+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crewe 2 Vale 2

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Administration?
    AKA "The Vale way"

I could respond to those last two posts with one gentleman’s name but politeness and good taste prevents me from doing so.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/port-val...e%20Alexandra/

If you look at some of those match attendances between us we can see there was 20,000 at Vale Park one time and 17000 at Gresty Road and so for anyone to say there is no or has not been close rivalry between us is ridiculous. These stats show that none of us are what we were based on attendance at least. Coventry City, Notts Forest, Sunderland, Sheff Wed and loads of other clubs can say how big they WERE but not now and we are what we are....two small clubs in the bottom tier of league football and neither will see the support we once did...I am beginning to wonder why there is so much dislike between our clubs and its simple. Vale think they are a bigger club and think playing us is beneath them. They really do think they should be in the PL....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    https://www.11v11.com/teams/port-val...e%20Alexandra/

If you look at some of those match attendances between us we can see there was 20,000 at Vale Park one time and 17000 at Gresty Road and so for anyone to say there is no or has not been close rivalry between us is ridiculous. These stats show that none of us are what we were based on attendance at least. Coventry City, Notts Forest, Sunderland, Sheff Wed and loads of other clubs can say how big they WERE but not now and we are what we are....two small clubs in the bottom tier of league football and neither will see the support we once did...I am beginning to wonder why there is so much dislike between our clubs and its simple. Vale think they are a bigger club and think playing us is beneath them. They really do think they should be in the PL....
    I'm joining the club of agreeing with MikeSB.........for once!

That post wins this week’s Utter Drivel Award. Congrats, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by PVFC Oldie View Post
    I said "over the years", not over the last 22 seasons. Why do folk on here keep picking random periods to support their stats? Since Crewe came into the League the club has played 8 seasons in the second tier. During the same period, Vale have played 28 seasons at that level. Crewe have made 10 applications for re-election because of finishing in the bottom four in that time. Vale have made none. In 26 seasons Vale have had average gates in 5 figures, Crewe haven't managed that once. That's what I meant by "over the years".

I first saw a Vale v Crewe game in 1978. It was the 18th meeting between us after that before I saw Vale lose.

I do not have a big club mentality but I think the facts show that "over the years we have been worse than Stoke but better than you".
    It isn't to support stats, 22 season is just a reasonable time to reflect the fortunes.

It is kinda ironic - a dig at all sides - what you hate about us is similar to what we hate about you.

I could respond to those last two posts with one gentleman’s name but politeness and good taste prevents me from doing so.
    Hardly a gentleman! Poison scum.

Problem is the only club who has responded like that is the mighty Vale - why? As you say, politeness and good taste, and one could say respect and sensitivity - but you were the only team....

Still, I'd expect you to take the moral high ground. I mean it isn't as if you knowingly hired a killer and worshipped him hey......

We will always carry the shame and pain of that worm and his evilness. Hopefully Man City and other clubs will also? I don't blame the clubs or anyone else, only the scumbag himself, may he slowly rot. Crewe Alex will always carry the shame, even supporters not alive when it happened and supporters yet to come - so it is and so it must be. There is nothing we can do but feel the pain, and we do.

If I were you, I’d let it go! More worried about Mansfield myself!

Not being a native of South Cheshire, I don’t quite get the hostility between the Vale and Crewe. Growing up, it was Yeovil and Weymouth for me – “Chim chiminey, Chim chiminey, Chim chim cher-oo, we hate the *******s in claret and blue!” – but when the likes of Micky Adams is disrespectful to a legend he’ll never be, Marc Richards goads Artell (I think it was) after scoring an own goal, Luke Rodgers’s provocative gesture in front of the Crewe bench, and the vitriol spewing out of the Ice Cream Stand last weekend – then sometimes I do.

But the thing that struck me most after Monday’s game was the Vale reaction on P&G. It was a “poor game between two poor teams”. Their attempt at watering down a dramatic equaliser to end an exciting match. And then there were the fans calling for the Vale to rip out half their squad before next season. I admit they look like a team of misfits at the minute with no foundation (unlike us who have Garrett, Ng, Ray, Wintle, Jones, Ainley & Pickering to build around), but with time that Vale team could gel and evolve. Another knee-jerk reaction to missing out on 3 pts, (they did look crest-fallen on the goal-cam though ). Had the game finished on 92 minutes, would we have heard any of that??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234