+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MONTY....Je regrette beaucoup

MONTY....Je regrette beaucoup

Early encounters: thought Mandy Turner was a young woman who had far too much to say for herself - thus I never read a single post. Big mistake. Mandy turned out to be a very funny, witty man with an acid tongue and a great knowledge of the game and love of RUFC. He made Friday on here a great pleasure. He never once had a pop at me - probably too busy ridiculing TFA but I was a fool for not reading him as Mandy Turner.

SugarTiler: I love this man. I basked in the delights of his every post. Then I read that Sugar was currently making a return or Second Coming. I cursed myself for not joining the MM site earlier, then I would have had much more highly pleasurable reading. Sugar eventually posted the full details of his congenital illness. I nearly shed a few tears reading it and in fact I was so saddened by Sugar's plight that I couldn't get to the end of his long post

Shortly after joining, I noticed two guys locked in a very protracted exchange about local politics. Didn't need this at the time and had no interest in Canklow by-elections. The exchange seemed to go on for ever and I steadfastly avoided it, never reading a single solitary word. Later I discovered the two participants were someone called Kempo and the other was I.B.S.

By now I had read the odd post by both of them and they were both funny and seemed my sort of guys. I.B.S. it said in small letters stood for Idiot Basterd Son, a track on an early Mothers of Invention album and one I've had for a great many years. Could IBS be a kindred spirit? I had high hopes that this would be the case as IBS and so it proved.

IBS read my kind of book, had an extensive knowledge of my kind of music and to top it all he liked ART and would post from time to time on painting (sadly with a very poor feedback).

I have never met IBS, I don't know his name or where he lives but his posts (maybe too inventive and original for this site) give my lots of enjoyment CF the time his neighbour Mr Singh looked after IBS garden whilst IBS was in prison for tax evasion (absolutely innocent imo.)

Cue Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg background music

Halcyon Days Zil...

I'll give my views on Kempo tomorrow but a few other quick regrets.

Geetarman? A strong candidate for some music chat maybe? Totally wrong. Geet is a totally negative poster who only comes on to make snide and vindictive comments about people he knows nothing about. Relentless in his pursuit of 'fame' on here, doesn't go to games and my suppostion: Geet is embittered because his wife will no longer front the band he so much wants to go gigging with.

Poddington: a lost treasure.

CT Miller: is a great guy, very well travelled, extremely literate, wise and with exemplary manners. Wish I could say the same for CAM who is two-faced, a complete phoney and, like Brin, loves to stir up trouble and interminable conflict whilst pleading total innocence of any wriong-ddoing.

GM- I've always enjoyed our amicable sparring. After all, I was the one who weaned you off those crazy 1950s US business charlatans.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    GM- I've always enjoyed our amicable sparring. After all, I was the one who weaned you off those crazy 1950s US business charlatans.
    You did indeed Zil and I’m grateful for your intervention..I’ve binned Kolb and Norman Levine in favour of John2

Not quite sure why I head up this post. No time to digest it all atm as I am taking a train over to Doncaster hospital this morning and then may stay in Rotherham for a day or two. As I own no mobile devices I shall be spared the pleasure of reading MM for a while.

A fascinating thread, fleshing a lot of stuff out.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast