+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: United 1 Cardiff 1 - report

Cheers DB.

I agree with Rod, I'd give Bash an 8 but apart from that your pretty much spot on mate.

Great to good performance all round for me, but fine margins as always will define fans' reactions. An injury time lump up field from their keeper was all the clear second best team in the league had got left to offer against us. It's gutting and we've seen it before with Bristol and Villa, but this is one hell of a team we've watched over the last couple of seasons and I was proud the way we performed. There's not one fan, player or manager out there who watched that could be anything but impressed with us.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Cheers DB.

I agree with Rod, I'd give Bash an 8 but apart from that your pretty much spot on mate.

Great to good performance all round for me, but fine margins as always will define fans' reactions. An injury time lump up field from their keeper was all the clear second best team in the league had got left to offer against us. It's gutting and we've seen it before with Bristol and Villa, but this is one hell of a team we've watched over the last couple of seasons and I was proud the way we performed. There's not one fan, player or manager out there who watched that could be anything but impressed with us.
    I was impressed for 85 minutes Gray. Let down by a decision to waste time that badly backfired.
    Many on here will not be impressed because we didn't win,,,,,,it will be ever thus.

Mugged off for a penalty and they got lucky at the death.
    Hopeful hoof into middle, loose and aimless headers and it fell nicely to him.
    Pure luck nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    I was impressed for 85 minutes Gray. Let down by a decision to waste time that badly backfired.
    Many on here will not be impressed because we didn't win,,,,,,it will be ever thus.
    Thought we were terrific for 85 mins, but the game's played over 90...

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Thought we were terrific for 85 mins, but the game's played over 90...
    95 in this case

1 min first half. 4 mins 2nd.

It was the quietest i've seen Mnedez Laing when he's played against us,that tellas ya how well Enda played.I think the back 5 were excellent,i think Jake wright was possibly at fault for losin his man for their goal but that could be darn to him bein a bit rusty through lack of match action.I think FLECKY(9/10) was my MotM but apart from BROOKSY& MOORE who i'd give a 7 too,i think every other starter for us warranted a 8.Let's hope we've no more injuries and the lads are ready for Barnsley.UTCB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12