+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coventry City supporters for this Saturday

Coventry City supporters for this Saturday

They are bringing around 4100. Should lead to a cracking atmosphere down at the lane. So could be looking at 11-12k

Again. When was the last time we had several 5 figured attendances in one season?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Again. When was the last time we had several 5 figured attendances in one season?
    I would guess Munto, Bradford and Rochdale would be 2 off the top of my head (i think)

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I would guess Munto, Bradford and Rochdale would be 2 off the top of my head (i think)
    I was going to say Man City, but I'm not sure it was the same season.

Looks like we are going to have 6 league gates of over 10,000 this season

Lincoln, FGR, Crewe, Mansfield, Coventry and Luton (I imagine they will sell their allocation).

We are probably going back to our days in the second tier under Mick Walker to match that 1993/94?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Looks like we are going to have 6 league gates of over 10,000 this season

Lincoln, FGR, Crewe, Mansfield, Coventry and Luton (I imagine they will sell their allocation).

We are probably going back to our days in the second tier under Mick Walker to match that 1993/94?
    Perhaps discount FGR and Crewe as they were hugely discounted/free tickets etc so are not really a good comparison.

Looks like we might finally make our "8 Through the Gate" initiative from many moons ago become reality.

So far we've had 152,083 supporters attend 20 games. To make "8 Through the Gate" we need 23 * 8,000 = 184,000 over the season.

So in the final 3 games we need 31,917 to attend. I gather Coventry are bringing 4,000+ so we've a good change of 12k on Saturday. I think Luton could well bring similar and the game is likely to be key to Notts so another 12k there maybe? Which would mean we'd need a crowd of around 8k for the Yeovil game. Now they aren't going to bring more than a bus load, will the Notts fans turn out?

All in all, and after re-reading what I've just typed, I guess we'll finish just shy of an 8k average. Still rather impressive!

Didn't Alan Hardy say we needed average crowds of 7,700 to break even,we should reach that.

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Didn't Alan Hardy say we needed average crowds of 7,700 to break even,we should reach that.
    if he did I'm assuming that was budgeting for full paying adults at least. It's great giving away tickets to get your attendance figures up but if it's not sustainable what's the point?

There's the old saying in business "turnover is vanity, profit is sanity". Let's hope AH and co are erring on the side of sanity!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Only the Rochdale and Cheltenham game (last game of the season) were over the 10000 mark that season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast