+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW and West Brom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why would he take a backward step to a much smaller club.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Why would he take a backward step to a much smaller club.
    The hypocrisy is astounding. That's the exact kind of arrogance that you accuse us of.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnulty1 View Post
    The hypocrisy is astounding. That's the exact kind of arrogance that you accuse us of.

No, it's not the same.
    You lot believe you're up there on a par with Arsenal and Liverpool.

We're every bit as big a club as West Brom

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    No, it's not the same.

No we don't. Don't be so ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnulty1 View Post
    No we don't. Don't be so ridiculous.

So sorry, I meant to say Barca and Real Madrid.
    Done your deludedness a disservice there haven't I

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    No, it's not the same.

I have absolutely spoken with oinkers who consider their shabby club 'bigger' than Leeds, Newcastle and Villa. I have also spoken with oinkers who absolutely think their 'rightful place' is top 10 in the PL, despite not being that high in the league for a generation now.

Fair enough, its not all the oinkers who claim this, but enough to make you think that it is widely (if not overwhelmingly) believed. Both of these assertions pop up from time to time on porktalk threads.

That's why I lve working around the UK. When you tell other fans the things the Pigs say they just laugh and go " whaaaattt?"
    Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I have absolutely spoken with oinkers who consider their shabby club 'bigger' than Leeds, Newcastle and Villa. I have also spoken with oinkers who absolutely think their 'rightful place' is top 10 in the PL, despite not being that high in the league for a generation now.

Fair enough, its not all the oinkers who claim this, but enough to make you think that it is widely (if not overwhelmingly) believed. Both of these assertions pop up from time to time on porktalk threads.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post

I think it’s fair to say that the average Pig’s mindset is wayyyyyyy beyond their true station in life and most clubs fans just laugh at their delusional take on themselves as do those in the game when they try to talk themselves up on phone-ins.

But the fact that they do talk themselves up at every opportunity and basically LIE even at the highest level about their achievements and potential means that those who don’t look too close actually take the lies as read, like the pundit on Sky who said they got 30k+ home gates every week in the Championship when they haven’t average 30k in anydivision in 60 years. People watch stuff like that and assume he’s stating a fact, that’s why Strapon said the same at every opportunity when he was trying to flog the club.

The problem is we’re the mirror opposite as fans, many are only too ready to doff their caps and accept our lot when ‘the big clubs come calling’. We’re clearly better than than the Pork in every way and get bigger gates right now but it hardly gets mention because we’re too worried about is a club like WBA on the slide nicking Wilder when we should be asking WTF would he go there and take a downwards step? We could be a division above them next season. If it’s all about money our board should did deep to make sure he doesn’t need to go for financial reasons but of course they won’t, they’ll rely on his loyalty and there lies the potential problem. It’s our boards and owners of SUFC over the years that have been happy to show us to the world as the selling club we are despite our size and potential, while many lesser teams have on occasions resisted the pressure to sell their prize assets and build a team around them and had success.

That’s our problem as Blades, we always expect to be let down at the highest level because we nearly always have been, whereas the Pork can just wipe anything negative like nearly going bust or not paying their debts within days and it just never happened.

Still, let’s hope the big summer cash injection that Bully speaks of isn’t just 20% of Brooks’s transfer fee and the times they are a changing eh FKB?

Bound to be some speculation. They've tried everything else.

Understand why they might want him, but not sure why he might want to go. They have money, but are a mess top to bottom, and like Sunderland it wouldn't surprise me at all if they end up going down to L1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast