+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AH comes clean re January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Spot on at last we are signing the same song. COYP.
    Eh? Loads of us have been saying exactly what Hardy has confirmed this evening, and you’ve repeatedly told us we don’t know what we’re talking about....

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Eh? Loads of us have been saying exactly what Hardy has confirmed this evening, and you’ve repeatedly told us we don’t know what we’re talking about....
    Exactly. And he's not the only one by a long chalk.

I really welcome Hardy's admission. Now I would welcome one from Nolan: 'I'm sorry I have bored the arse off you all, I will learn from my mistakes'.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 03-04-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Spot on at last we are signing the same song. COYP.
    I didn't think we were signing anyone at the moment, let alone a record.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Said before,he is a Spin Dr.How can you believe owt he says now without a pinch of salt.Maybe the International that wanted to sign was really a wet dream.
    Id have been ten times more worried if hed come out and said
    "hey shyet, we didn't get our main targets, but we signed someone just to shut you lot up. These guys are utter useless but we signed them anyway"

Like anyone in a results business, you have to be positive, fans will always throw it back at you if you are positive and it doesnt come off. What more if you are negative........give the guy a little break here. He isnt a psychic!

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Said before,he is a Spin Dr.How can you believe owt he says now without a pinch of salt.Maybe the International that wanted to sign was really a wet dream.
    He was real enough

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Finally AH has acknowledged that the January window wasn't a good one:

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5

Alan Hardy Retweeted John Parr

I try and be honest all the time and give you guys an insight where and when I can. January was rubbish for us without a doubt and our 3 big targets didn’t materialise as we wanted. I hold my hands up and say I trusted some external people that I won’t do next time. Lesson learnt

Compared to what he said at the end of the window:

Alan Hardy‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    Alan Hardy Retweeted Chris Jordan
    Absolutely delighted with both additions today. And with Noble, Husin and Virtue as well, we have 5 fantastic new signings. I promised our squad tonight would be stronger than New Year’s Day and believe I’ve delivered on that. #coyp

OK you don't want to put a downer on the new signings at the time but more honesty as per the latest tweet and less spin and I'll be a lot happier. It can't be easy running a club, even harder to try and get recruitment right especially when the infrastructure isn't all in place. Can't help feel AH thought it was easy as Christmas arrived a bit like RT thinking it was easy when we stormed League 2.

Now let's hear proper messages of getting all the foundations right and less of 5 year plans for the Championship. What will happen will happen when the right things get done, and even the best owners have limited control over the timing of that.

Good on yer for being straight AH.
    I don’t blame AH for being positive and upbeat. It’s been refreshing and overall has been a good thing. It’s the same with KN. They are the leaders of men and this club, and need to maintain the faith. Why some fans think they need to negative and downbeat to be realistic is beyond me.

I also admire the honesty about the January transfer window from AH. That is all fans want to hear.

Generally it’s what you do in the summer that really sets the stall out for the whole season. That is why this summer it’s important we strengthen up top, but also remembering Grant scored 17 goals so who will pick up this tab next season?

With regards to January transfer window I can only remember one where signings have made a big impact and that was when Keith Curle was manager when we were in League One and we brought in Lloyd Sam and Daniel Bogdanovic which were more emergency loans. That was the season we finished 7th in League One and missed out on the playoffs to Stevenage on goal difference finishing on 73 points. Take note Notts.

Whatever happens and where we finish as much as fans may be disappointed and hurt if we don’t finish in the playoffs, nobody will hurt more than KN and AH because they care as well. But we must not get into that mindset because there are five games left and all to play for.

https://youtu.be/PMIady0l_ZA

Free player and huge potential

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    "hey shyet, we didn't get our main targets, but we signed someone just to shut you lot up. These guys are utter useless but we signed them anyway"

Like anyone in a results business, you have to be positive, fans will always throw it back at you if you are positive and it doesnt come off. What more if you are negative........give the guy a little break here. He isnt a psychic!
    So,we signed players for the sake of it wasting money?Hmmmmm.Keep his fecking gob shut then.You would never have heard Dunnett or Pavis going off like he does or most current Chairmen.
    Last edited by irishpete; 04-04-2018 at 04:06 AM.

Well I'm prepared to accept that but given that AH has such a penchant for using Twitter it's a pity he didn't use it to say something like that before all us moaners kicked up a fuss. What he DID say was that we would come out of the January transfer window MUCH stronger but all we saw, especially concerning the signing of a striker(s), was that in the very last minute we had a loan striker who had a history of injury. WE were quite open in our opinion of what was happening, as far as we knew, but neither AH or KN said anything then like what AH is saying now.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post

He doesn't have to be negative, but he does have to be honest. We can all accept "We are happy with the signings we've made to strengthen the team but we were unable to close in on a couple of our main targets". It seemed apparent to anyone following the twitter feed (which he shouldn't be doing at such a delicate time) that we were not getting our main striker but then to cite someone else, Dr Spin sets in. He has to "big everything up", sod it, we're Notts County - he's done marvels at changing the atmosphere but it'll backfire if he keeps promising the undeliverable.

You don't have to be psychic to realise that all the supporters are not like Soccerman and Bridg4dman.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast