+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearts and M'well Cup semi lines ups

Hearts and M'well Cup semi lines ups

Mixture of resting up players, giving players needed game time, and setting us up for the Cup semi. Time to use up all the players we have, with the focus being on the semi final

Hearts game

Lewis

Logan
    O'Connor
    Reynolds
    Considine

Shinnie
    Ball

GMS
    McLean
    Stewart

May

M'well Cup Semi

Lewis

Ball
    Arnisson
    McKenna
    Considine

O'Connor
    Chiddie (or if unfit, Christie)

GMS
    Stewart
    Christie/McGinn (or in unfit, Wright)

May

As I said elsewhere.Drop the suspended players for Hearts. We cant win the league so play the team that will play the semi against Hearts. You cant just stick three players in to replace three of the most important players in the team on the day of the semi. Need a game to gel and maybe even spring up other ideas. Don't just play the three suspended players as that teaches us nothing. Arnason will be missing on Sat you would think so maybe that gives one of them a game

Be interesting to see what McAnus will do here

Assuming we don't pick up any injuries the semi line-up should be:

Lewis
    Ball Arnason McKenna Considine
    AOC
    McGinn Chidi Christie GMS
    May

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    As I said elsewhere.Drop the suspended players for Hearts. We cant win the league so play the team that will play the semi against Hearts. You cant just stick three players in to replace three of the most important players in the team on the day of the semi. Need a game to gel and maybe even spring up other ideas. Don't just play the three suspended players as that teaches us nothing. Arnason will be missing on Sat you would think so maybe that gives one of them a game

Be interesting to see what McAnus will do here
    See where you are coming from. But I disagree. McKenna and Christie will be massive for us in the semi-final, I'd give them a rest this weekend, but play the 3 players who will all miss out for the Cup Semi. The two games are entirely seperate in terms of importance, and intended personnel to be deployed, but the Hearts game is still huge in terms of the 2nd place finish

Surely the players are all professional enough to know how to line up alongside each other, in whichever formation DM employs? The whole focus next week on training will be on the intended line up for the semi-final

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post

Lewis
    AOC
    May
    Nae Stewart?

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Nae Stewart?
    We could play McGinn wide left and Stewart wide right.

I thought GMS did well against St Johnstone, its good that we've got a few options.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Surely the players are all professional enough to know how to line up alongside each other, in whichever formation DM employs?
    You know as well as I do that is not the case all the time. How often have players looked lost

Lewis
    AOC
    May
    I wouldn’t drop Stewart for McGinn.
    He’s played well the last two games.
    McGinn was also off form just before going off with injury.
    Better to have McGinn from the bench should we need to change it and because of his lack of game time recently.

We could play McGinn wide left and Stewart wide right.

I thought GMS did well against St Johnstone, its good that we've got a few options.
    He did ok against St Johnstone but was dropped from the Motherwell game because he is not physical enough.
    Definately the semi and against the farts we need to stand up physically, so expect GMS to be on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I wouldn’t drop Stewart for McGinn.
    He’s played well the last two games.
    McGinn was also off form just before going off with injury.
    Better to have McGinn from the bench should we need to change it and because of his lack of game time recently.
    Agreed. I've been hugely critical of both May and Stewart this season but fair doos to the lads, in my opinion, they've both played their way into the semi-final side with their last two performances, but both could do with the Hearts game just to give them that additional 90 mins.

McGinn doesn't start the semi-final for me, unless Chiddie is out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast