+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overrated managers..

Overrated managers..

..who clubs still go mad for.

Reading about Hasselbaink getting the boot at Northampton, a fine example of a manager who has achieved nowt (in management, granted he was a top player) but will easily land another job. His only success to date was getting Burton near the top of league 1, and I'd argue that that was on the back of the foundations of Gary Rowetts work.

Not just him, another man who is constantly linked to decent jobs is Michael Appleton. Why?? West Brom are said to be wanting his services now. It baffles me.

Mark Robins also. Seems to be widely regarded as a decent manager yet has won nothing as a manager.

Does this bother anyone else or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    ..who clubs still go mad fo

Mark Robins also. Seems to be widely regarded as a decent manager yet has won nothing as a manager.

Does this bother anyone else or is it just me?
    Mark Robins hasn't won anything, but he did a good job in stopping us going out of the football league after our relegation and points deduction
    Plus might get "crisis club " Coventry City promoted yet...

Harry Redknapp.
    Never rated him.

The managerial merry-go-ground isn't quite what it was, teams going for assistant coaches from abroad instead now.

Alan Pardew must be high on the list of overrated managers alongside Mark Hughes.
    People like Pulis and Allardyce have a reputation for being successful relegation fire fighters but the clubs they have managed rarely progress after that.
    Chairmen who employ these types never seem to learn and the managerial merry go round continues to turn.

Jimmy floyd h got a team promoted in Holland or to the cusp of promotion before he left for burton

TS always said he'd avoid any manager on the merrygoround up until Jackett he'd managed it.

There is a small circle of coaches and managers who are often asked for advice and for a small fee they'll give it. Steve Bruce was said to have been helping the club at one time. Being linked with such names hightens expectations doesn't it? We were once inked with Robson and Gazza

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    TS always said he'd avoid any manager on the merrygoround up until Jackett he'd managed it.

There is a small circle of coaches and managers who are often asked for advice and for a small fee they'll give it. Steve Bruce was said to have been helping the club at one time. Being linked with such names hightens expectations doesn't it? We were once inked with Robson and Gazza

It was Robson and Jerome.

My over rated manager choice would be Sam Allardyce

Alan Stubbs. I'm sure i read somewhere he was a bit sht

[QUOTE=mikemiller;38847646]Mark Robins hasn't won anything, but he did a good job in stopping us going out of the football league after our relegation and points deduction
    Plus might get "crisis club " Coventry City promoted yet...[/QUOTE Good post mike a lot of people forget just how much work with Feck all Robins did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast