+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic promotion is still on

Automatic promotion is still on

If we win our last 4 matches (I know, it's a big ask) we will be on 82 points which I think will be enough to secure automatic promotion this season.

All the other teams in contention have some tough matches and as long as Accrington continue their winning form points are going to be dropped left, right and centre. The fly in the ointment may well be Exeter even though they play Accrington tomorrow they have on paper what appears to be the easiest run in. There are of course no easy games in football as we know (Barnet, Chesterfield) and especially not at this time of year.

Having said all that we may come unstuck as soon as tomorrow but here's hoping we find some form at the right time

If we win our last 4 games and Luton lose theirs we'll overtake them and if we get 5 more points than Wycombe do in their remaining 5 games we'll overtake them too and unfortunately that is now our best chance of automatics.

The disappointing fact is that not so long ago we were not reliant on what other teams did. But given where we've come from play-offs is a pretty good achievement and AH wants his birthday day at Wembley anyway.

Gentlemen, I give you a poem from Nottinem's most famous writer - D H Lawrence:

The optimist builds himself safe inside a cell
    and paints the inside walls sky-blue
    and blocks up the door
    and says he’s in heaven.

I'm with Sid - you are living in cloud-cuckoo land!

A stat crunching site I follow has us at a 90% chance of finishing in the playoffs with a 5% chance of autos and a 5% chance of missing out altogether.

Obviously you’re needing a team that hasn’t won 2 games on the trot in 7 months to win 5 games in a row but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    If we win our last 4 games and Luton lose theirs we'll overtake them and if we get 5 more points than Wycombe do in their remaining 5 games we'll overtake them too and unfortunately that is now our best chance of automatics.
    Wycombe have to play Lincoln and Accrington. I can see 5 points dropped there

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    I'm with Sid - you are living in cloud-cuckoo land!
    Sorry for starting a positive thread

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Sorry for starting a positive thread
    Don't be sorry, we're not all pessimists here. Until it becomes mathematically impossible, automatic is still on the table, regardless of how unlikely. Stay optimistic!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post

and blocks up the door
    and says he’s in heaven.
    Sounds like one of those manc_pie's posts - neither scans nor rhymes.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post

and blocks up the door
    and says he’s in heaven.
    Not very funny though, is it? Not as funny as "There was a young woman from Ealing..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast