+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Women protest at Muslims praying at Speakers Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Why? I'd suggest it's down to the compassionate side of human nature that doesn't like to see fellow members of the human race suffering through no fault of their own. The whole world? Doubtful, as while it seems that many people have this quality some clearly don't.
    Mmmmmm...so if something goes wrong in the world...it is up to the Brits to sort it out and take in the refugees?....I do not see Indonesia, Japan, China or even Mexico, or 60 other countries queueing up to take them in....maybe it is down to common sense rather than compassion.

I repeat, why not just keep our noses out for a change.....we have plenty of our own problems to sort out without getting involved in the Middle East

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post

I honestly do not know the answers, any more than anyone else does.....if we want to get involved, set up no~fly zones, first~aid centres and hospitals, free food parcels.....but stop trying to overthrow governments that do not conform to our view of democracy
    As one political analyst said today the battle is between a set of monsters (Assad & co) and a set of maniacs (radical muslims) with a glint of moderation in the embattled minority Kurds.

Wading in is likely a worse answer than wringing our hands and doing nothing and why on earth Trump wants to get involved is beyond my understanding.

Edit: Unless of course the game is to see what anti-missile defences the Russians have against the US of A's second tier of missiles.

Mmmmmm...so if something goes wrong in the world...it is up to the Brits to sort it out and take in the refugees
    Not at all. When you said the whole world screaming "we have to look after them", I assumed that 'we' meant the whole world looking after them rather than just the Brits. It's a massive problem with no happy ending, but that's still not an excuse to turn our backs in my opinion. As for "just keep our noses out for a change", it might be a bit late for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not at all. When you said the whole world screaming "we have to look after them", I assumed that 'we' meant the whole world looking after them rather than just the Brits. It's a massive problem with no happy ending, but that's still not an excuse to turn our backs in my opinion. As for "just keep our noses out for a change", it might be a bit late for that.
    Call me cynical, but his earlier post where he said he “detests Muslims” might have something to do with Tarquin’s somewhat laissez faire attitude to this issue.

I sat and watched a couple of The Putin Interviews with Oliver Stone last night......categorically, no way is Putin a monster, as displayed by the Western Media....the guy seems genuinely confused at times when trying to explain why his country is being vilified, despite helping the West on a number of occasions ie Afghanistan.....fascinating documentary for anyone remotely interested in seeing "the alternative news"

https://archive.org/details/ThePutin...UEPOUTINESTONE

for Part 2 simply key in Putin Interviews part 2 in the search box

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Call me cynical, but his earlier post where he said he “detests Muslims” might have something to do with Tarquin’s somewhat laissez faire attitude to this issue.
    Since my recent red card and subsequent isolation, I think I may have said despise, the last time ie to feel a strong dislike for someone or something that you think is bad or worthless:

Strangely enough several other posters, including Snobbers, also hold them in the same low regard...but obviously they are not quite so direct as myself and merely say that "following a single religion is worthless"....I call it as I see it Chubby....sorry if it upsets you....many on here merely sit on the fence, not me

You will never hear me moaning about the Chinese, Russians, Indians....or Mexicans, great people who will control the World 50 years from now, guaranteed....not such a racist as everyone else thought huh?....realist?...... possibly

Strangely enough several other posters, including Snobbers, also hold them in the same low regard...
    Completely stupid and incorrect assumption. It's the principal of worshipping Gods I hold in low regard, not the people who do it whatever the religion. I take people as I find them, and some of the Muslims I have met on holiday, mainly the Turks and Tunisians have been some of the funniest and friendliest people I've ever come across. On the other side of the coin Muslim terrorists are the scum of the earth, but only an idiot would despise all Muslims because of the deranged actions of a few.

Here's another video of Putin seeming genuinely confused, or perhaps just lying as usual. I'll go for lying as usual.

https://youtu.be/stra6-a68DM

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    As one political analyst said today the battle is between a set of monsters (Assad & co) and a set of maniacs (radical muslims) with a glint of moderation in the embattled minority Kurds.

Wading in is likely a worse answer than wringing our hands and doing nothing and why on earth Trump wants to get involved is beyond my understanding.

Edit: Unless of course the game is to see what anti-missile defences the Russians have against the US of A's second tier of missiles.
    The revolution started among the educated Syrian middle class, they were the people getting machine gunned in the street at demonstrations in 2011.

Unfortunately it has since become a proxy war with Islamist militias, but when painting Assad as the good guy spare a thought for the people who are not here any more who just protested against a brutal government.

Whatever gun laws existed before the revolution started, do you think it would have been a good thing for those private citizens to have been better armed to protect themselves from that “brutal government”?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast