+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Women protest at Muslims praying at Speakers Corner

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Whatever gun laws existed before the revolution started, do you think it would have been a good thing for those private citizens to have been better armed to protect themselves from that “brutal government”?
    They were getting strafed from the air so it wouldn't have made much difference, but in general I think elections would be preferable to guns as a way of holding the government to account.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

Unfortunately it has since become a proxy war with Islamist militias, but when painting Assad as the good guy spare a thought for the people who are not here any more who just protested against a brutal government.
    I don't think anyone is trying to paint Assad as a good guy, he most certainly is not. That though does not mean he is guilty of every atrocity that takes place in Syria. We may never find out the truth about the sarin incident, but both Assad and the rebels have the capability of carrying it out. There are so many agendas at play in this situation from all different sides. I think it is time we learnt from past interventions and steered well clear because events are not conclusive. Taking out Assad on behalf of ISIS is going to leave the Syrians with more problems than it solves.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    As one political analyst said today the battle is between a set of monsters (Assad & co) and a set of maniacs (radical muslims) with a glint of moderation in the embattled minority Kurds.

Wading in is likely a worse answer than wringing our hands and doing nothing and why on earth Trump wants to get involved is beyond my understanding.

Edit: Unless of course the game is to see what anti-missile defences the Russians have against the US of A's second tier of missiles.
    This 'politicsl analyst', are you on about Peter Hitchens?
    I recommend anyone to listen to him on a recent YouTube video -'Peter Hitchens On Syria - he's on the Jeremy Vine show apparently and gives Vile and Professor Michael Clarke (who he?) a right shoeing.

https://ingaza.wordpress.com/2018/01...and-la-presse/

Here is a very interesting and worrying article from a reporter who has spent much time in Syria. The article is written mainly to expose Snopes as a fact checker that doesn't like facts but gives great insight to Syria from someone who has actually spent a lot of time there. A very worrying paragraph on the UK too. Have we gone rogue?

I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Rubbish. A member of the public complains and appropriately points out the rules.

https://www.royalparks.org.uk/__data...olicy-2017.pdf

The Police don't want to be involved by evading the question and trying to fudge it.
    The scary thing, is that the sergeant is scared because his superiors have obviously told him to ignore it.
    Go into a public park with a sign saying "no ball games"
    A member of the public complains to an officer. I guarantee the officer will tell you to desist from the game or else. If you believe he'll say, "not my job mate, find a park ranger".
    Then you are deluded.

It goes all the way back to the original point. There is a concerted effort of appeasement where Muslims are concerned, even if it goes against the laws of the land. God forbid that the Muslim community is "offended".

So I'll say again. What's going on and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    The school system isn't screwed by its teachers but by inadequate investment from government. So you think my reasoning is pathetic unlike your own emotionally retarded responses to almost everything? Once again Tarquin shows that he cannot argue without insulting.
    If my reasoning is wrong, why not get the police to enforce RULES at table tennis and tiddlywink tournaments? The rules appertaining to London parks are just that, enforceable only by the parks' authorities. Otherwise, the police would be stretched beyond all capability. Of course,if the rule-breakers prove unreasonable with language or action in the face of being asked to move THEN it becomes a police matter. Get it?
    The police in this video avaded the questions and even lied.

I personally emailed the park regarding praying the beginning of the year. This was there response

Thank you for your email.
    In response to the recent events at Speakers’ Corner, we would like to reaffirm that The Royal Parks has not changed its longstanding policy forbidding collective religious activity in the parks and there are no plans to do so. However, this is not an explicit regulation itself. The regulation under which the policy sits prohibits the organisation of any assembly etc without written permission.

It is for the police to enforce the park regulation relating to illegal assembly. The police are operationally independent, but we continue to work closely with them to ensure the Royal Parks are open to all.
    Kind regards,

In the video you can clearly hear the officer say DISSCUSSIONS are underway to allow a specific space to been given to Muslims to pray.
    THE ROYAL PARKS REGULATIONS CONSULTATION DATED FEBRUARY 2018...
    The Royal Parks would like to hear your views on suggested amendments to The*
    Royal Parks Regulations.
    The suggested amendments are available in full on our website, at www.
    royalparks.org.uk/whats-on/latest-news/consultation-on-amendments-to-the-
    royal-parks-regulations
    They include:
    • Introduction of a 20mph speed limit for motor vehicles in Hyde Park, The*
    Regent’s Park, St James’s Park and The Green Park.
    • Increase in parking charges in all public car parks in Hyde Park, The Regent’s*
    Park and Greenwich Park.*
    • Introduction of ticketless and cashless payments for car parking.
    • Minor drafting amendments to clarify the intention of existing regulations,*
    including making it explicit that drones are prohibited outside designated*
    areas in the Royal Parks without written permission, and that barbeques*
    and fireworks are not allowed to be lit in the Royal Parks without written*
    permission.
    THERE IS NO DISSCUSSION TO ALLOW PRAYING AND IN THE PARK'S REPLY THERE ARE NO DISSCUSSIONS IN PLACE AND NO PLANS TO CHANGE THE RULES.*

Again it's down to the police not being able to enforce the law because of political correctness!!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk285 View Post
    The police in this video avaded the questions and even lied.

I personally emailed the park regarding praying the beginning of the year. This was there response

Thank you for your email.
    In response to the recent events at Speakers’ Corner, we would like to reaffirm that The Royal Parks has not changed its longstanding policy forbidding collective religious activity in the parks and there are no plans to do so. However, this is not an explicit regulation itself. The regulation under which the policy sits prohibits the organisation of any assembly etc without written permission.

It is for the police to enforce the park regulation relating to illegal assembly. The police are operationally independent, but we continue to work closely with them to ensure the Royal Parks are open to all.
    Kind regards,

In the video you can clearly hear the officer say DISSCUSSIONS are underway to allow a specific space to been given to Muslims to pray.
    THE ROYAL PARKS REGULATIONS CONSULTATION DATED FEBRUARY 2018...
    The Royal Parks would like to hear your views on suggested amendments to The*
    Royal Parks Regulations.
    The suggested amendments are available in full on our website, at www.
    royalparks.org.uk/whats-on/latest-news/consultation-on-amendments-to-the-
    royal-parks-regulations
    They include:
    • Introduction of a 20mph speed limit for motor vehicles in Hyde Park, The*
    Regent’s Park, St James’s Park and The Green Park.
    • Increase in parking charges in all public car parks in Hyde Park, The Regent’s*
    Park and Greenwich Park.*
    • Introduction of ticketless and cashless payments for car parking.
    • Minor drafting amendments to clarify the intention of existing regulations,*
    including making it explicit that drones are prohibited outside designated*
    areas in the Royal Parks without written permission, and that barbeques*
    and fireworks are not allowed to be lit in the Royal Parks without written*
    permission.
    THERE IS NO DISSCUSSION TO ALLOW PRAYING AND IN THE PARK'S REPLY THERE ARE NO DISSCUSSIONS IN PLACE AND NO PLANS TO CHANGE THE RULES.*

Again it's down to the police not being able to enforce the law because of political correctness!!
    Hello Turk285, welcome to the Notts County messageboard. I'm always interested in new posters, especially when their first post is similar to yours. So could I politely ask what your thoughts are on a possible contract extension for Jon Stead, and your reasons for that opinion?

As a little aside could I also ask what 'avaded' means?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Not had a rant for a while, but this new video made my blood boil.

Summary....A group of well~spoken middle~aged English women point out to Police in London, that unrolling prayer mats on the central path and communally praying ....is illegal, and they have the relevant laws in hand.

After being surrounded by a group of Muslims saying "we will do as we want".....the police then admit that they know it is unlawful, but do not want to "cause a disturbance"....wtf?

Senior officer arrives, who also admits that they know the Muslims are breaking the law, plus they have had similar complaints.....but they are "seeking advice from solicitors"

What the hell is going on, when the laws are ignored just because it might upset a minority religion?.....unbelievable.

When will these people realise that they have to obey OUR laws....and not just pick~n~choose which ones they adhere to......and why are the Police ignoring the Laws?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyn8GMkFe4s
    I completely agree....

Sign This petition...https://chn.ge/2HicBfB

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hello Turk285, welcome to the Notts County messageboard. I'm always interested in new posters, especially when their first post is similar to yours. So could I politely ask what your thoughts are on a possible contract extension for Jon Stead, and your reasons for that opinion?

As a little aside could I also ask what 'avaded' means?
    Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk285 View Post
    I completely agree....

Sign This petition...https://chn.ge/2HicBfB
    I think we know where you reside politically, but seeing as you joined a Notts County Messageboard what are your thoughts on Jon Stead?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Dick.
    Very well reasoned and thought out reply Smiffy, how long did it take you to come up with that?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast