+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Fans Again

Liverpool Fans Again

Smashing windows of the Man City team bus, and lobbing a smoke cannister inside. A real credit to their club.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Smashing windows of the Man City team bus, and lobbing a smoke cannister inside. A real credit to their club.
    It seems every club has it's share of nutters. In fairness to Liverpool, their response was both fast and praiseworthy:

We apologise unreservedly to Pep Guardiola, his players, staff and officials caught up in the incident.

The behaviour of a number of individuals was completely unacceptable and the club will cooperate fully with the authorities to identify those responsible.

The priority now is to establish the facts and offer Manchester City whatever support is necessary.

Couldn't do otherwise really

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Couldn't do otherwise really
    They could. They could have issued the usual bland "we are looking into it" statement. Instead they instantly condemned it.

Completely taking Citeh apart on the pitch though.

Liverpool MUST be punished for this. It may well have disturbed the City players & staff.

It’s not just Liverpool fans that do this kind of thing.

Let’s not forget our own fans have been victims of bus attacks. Recently Wolves away and further back Stoke away if my memory serves me correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Liverpool MUST be punished for this. It may well have disturbed the City players & staff.
    Really? Who’s got a smoke bomb lined up for Cov’s bus on Saturday then?

When West Ham did it to Man United, the predictable reaction was 'Man Ure deserved it' and so on. Lovable Scousers do it and they are to be praised for apologising. Let's face it, they have form for this sort of thing don't they?

To me, it's worthy of a major punishment form UEFA because it did affect the result, even if the result itself was quite amusing. I suppose it comes down to which side can afford the biggest bribe, and on that score, you would fancy City.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    When West Ham did it to Man United, the predictable reaction was 'Man Ure deserved it' and so on. Lovable Scousers do it and they are to be praised for apologising. Let's face it, they have form for this sort of thing don't they?

To me, it's worthy of a major punishment form UEFA because it did affect the result, even if the result itself was quite amusing. I suppose it comes down to which side can afford the biggest bribe, and on that score, you would fancy City.
    They need to catch the people that did it and ban them for life its that simple from all games not just Anfield.

Not really alot Liverpool could do how were they to know some muppets would throw stuff at a bus ?

UEFA won't do nothing as Turkish fans stab people and get nothing so not likely to ban anyone but they could get a severe warning to say one more and you play behind closed doors or are banned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast