+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover

Takeover

Hi Guys, new poster here so be gentle. Does anyone have any reliable and viable information on the suggested takeover or is it just an Internet rumour. Would love to think it's true but starting to worry now as it's all gone quiet and none of the fan's groups appear to be in the know about things. I would have thought any proposed takeover consortium would have sought out the various groups to get them onside so we can all move forward as a truly united Dundee United, something we have not been since the selling of the "Tim 2".

Quote Originally Posted by Shed 65 View Post
    Hi Guys, new poster here so be gentle. Does anyone have any reliable and viable information on the suggested takeover or is it just an Internet rumour. Would love to think it's true but starting to worry now as it's all gone quiet and none of the fan's groups appear to be in the know about things. I would have thought any proposed takeover consortium would have sought out the various groups to get them onside so we can all move forward as a truly united Dundee United, something we have not been since the selling of the "Tim 2".
    Must have said a million times already on other posts, takeover is happening, not a case of IF it's a case of when. The consortium is being led by Alistair Borthwick, head honcho of International Hedge funds at BOA Myril Lynch. ST's shares are all but gone, this takes weeks to complete but will happen 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab87 View Post
    Must have said a million times already on other posts, takeover is happening, not a case of IF it's a case of when. The consortium is being led by Alistair Borthwick, head honcho of International Hedge funds at BOA Myril Lynch. ST's shares are all but gone, this takes weeks to complete but will happen 100%.
    With all due respect to yourself because I don't know you or who you know and I'm not questioning your integrity or your sources but the fact you seem to be the only person who knows anything about this makes me a bit sceptical of the whole thing. I absolutely 100% hope and pray you are right and hope your sources are reliable and genuine because our club needs this so badly, fresh blood, fresh ideas, fresh investment and most importantly no more ST. The whole club and support need someone and something to get behind and to reunite us all.

We all want info on the potential takeover.

Unfortunately, we just have to wait until those involved complete their negotiations.

No sense driving yourself mad over it.

Totally agree is going to happen sooner rather than later just wish people would be patient

Yes, we are all desperate for takeover and confirmation ST has gone! Borthwick sounds great if it is him.

I’m not so worried about the fans groups at the moment in that the fans groups themselves haven’t been able to agree or be united against ST etc.

First priority for anyone must be taking over the club successfully. After that they can decide about consulting with fans.

My own view is that borthwick running it and investing with his own appointee would be the ideal. I don’t see widespread fan ownership as ever working.

Happy to be patient and hope and pray this takeover happens. In the meantime plenty of important football to focus on between now and the end of the season.

Come on United!

I’ll just come out and say it - I’m not convinced by this yet.

All the information Arab87 is producing is documented in a Sun article from when Borthwick bunged us £300k.

There is nothing in any papers about an ongoing deal nd it’s well known the Tannadice boardroom leaks like a broken fridge so it would be out by now if there was anything concrete.

I’m also yet to see evidence Mr Borthwick has the funds or inclination to commit fully to this.

I hope to **** I’m just being overly cautious but I’m not getting my hopes up on the say so of 1 poster who I don’t know on an anonymous fans forum.

There is another poster on teks board saying similar in their thread about it, who generally isn't far off and posted on here for years

Fingers crossed either way, as its obviously something that would be good for the club as a whole

Hopefully this helps a bit.

1. The necessary, and complex work to conclude the purchase of ST's shares is ongoing. The word takeover is pretty accurate.

2. I wish I did, but I don't know who is behind the share purchase.

Expect news soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    I’ll just come out and say it - I’m not convinced by this yet.

All the information Arab87 is producing is documented in a Sun article from when Borthwick bunged us £300k.

There is nothing in any papers about an ongoing deal nd it’s well known the Tannadice boardroom leaks like a broken fridge so it would be out by now if there was anything concrete.

I’m also yet to see evidence Mr Borthwick has the funds or inclination to commit fully to this.

I hope to **** I’m just being overly cautious but I’m not getting my hopes up on the say so of 1 poster who I don’t know on an anonymous fans forum.
    My sources aren't from the sun or any newspaper for that fact, straight from a director at tannadice.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)