+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Eric Bristow.

R.I.P. Eric Bristow.

Only 60. Another one dies young. This year is turning out as bast as last. God bless you and your family Eric

He made darts what it is today,brash,arrogant and cocky with it but good enough to back it all up,proper character,love him or hate him he put darts on the map

RIP Eric #legend

sad sad day i loved Bristow i have a photo of me n him when i met him in philadelphia twenty odd years since
    i see it every morning in me closet getting ready for work hardly notice it now but i will in morning
    good night and god bless Eric

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    He made darts what it is today,brash,arrogant and cocky with it but good enough to back it all up,proper character,love him or hate him he put darts on the map

RIP Eric #legend
    My thoughts exactly Bully,i don't mind folk bein c0cky if they've the talent to back it up and ERIC definately had.A true icon of Darts.RIP THE CRAFTY COCKNEY.UTCB

Oh Lordy! Sad day. Whats happening to all my heroes? Didn't like his brashness so much, but he was the best dart player in the world for a long time, and revolutionised the sport for TV. RIP Eric.

Tried to emulate as a kid his throwing style and how he gripped the arrows. Usually ended up hitting the wall rather than the board. He was in a way the Hurricane of darts. Sad loss.

Eric and Jocky can play together again on heavens oche.

Both died early 60's at similar times of the year.

Was it booze fags and smokey rooms,that did them in the end.

Eric was one of the mavericks in sport that put their relative sports on the map,

Every sport had at least one, Snooker with Higgins and White, Football, Best, Marsh, Currie ?, Cricket, Botham, Warne and love them or hate them their like will never be seen again.

Eric Bristow has unfortunately almost been vilified in certain quarters for the controversial things he has said and the life style he led which I feel is unfair.

The mavericks represented the stereotypes of the sport they revelled in and so if you were good at darts for example this was as a result of being mainly in a Pub or a working mens club and a Fag and a Pint were part and parcel of the accepted behaviour at the time,

Same as being good at snooker as back in the day this was seen as a mis-spent youth and so called bad boys like messrs Higgins and White fell into the genre.

Moving forward there would be no place in the game of darts for a 50 fags a day, 17 pints a night controversial character no matter how good he was.

RIP Eric

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Eric and Jocky can play together again on heavens oche.

Both died early 60's at similar times of the year.

Was it booze fags and smokey rooms,that did them in the end.
    You get nowt in this game for two in a thread.

What a character Eric was,and 60!!!!,no age

Thanks Eric you Crafty Cockney RIP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast