+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality bites tomorrow

Reality bites tomorrow

Defeat to Coventry and even those with there heads so far in the sand will see that we are very unlikely to make the playoffs. We simply are not potent enough.

AH fcuked in the January window just like I said and he's now been man enough to admit it so full credit.

It will probably all come down to the Luton game,with us needing points and relying on other results to go our way.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Defeat to Coventry and even those with there heads so far in the sand will see that we are very unlikely to make the playoffs. We simply are not potent enough.

AH fcuked in the January window just like I said and he's now been man enough to admit it so full credit.
    Are you trying to claim you're some sort of visionary for saying that we didn't sign the "plan A" targets in January? Because I'm fairly sure everyone said the same thing at the time they were just hopeful that the players we did bring in would be good enough to improve us

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    It will probably all come down to the Luton game,with us needing points and relying on other results to go our way.

Wycombe, Chessie, Mansfield and Accro were auto or not and I'm afraid the answer is now NO.

Cov is play-offs or not and the answer will be delivered to us tomoz.

Are they similar to chicken bites?

I was a bit disappointed by Nolan's reaction last Monday to Charlie Slater giving him the final score from Coventry (Yeovil winning 6-2). Nolan said something like "Oh great, now we'll have to face a side reacting to a heavy defeat". He may well be right, but it's another example of "everything is going against us" and this time before a ball has even been kicked. Surely you have to go into this game with the attitude that Coventry have had a massive knock to their confidence and if we get at them and score first, they're going to be far more worried about missing out on the top 7 than we are.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post

He deserves credit for other things but not for admitting the January cock-up.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Wycombe, Chessie, Mansfield and Accro were auto or not and I'm afraid the answer is now NO.

Cov is play-offs or not and the answer will be delivered to us tomoz.
    As ever, I find your lack of enthusiasm quite disturbing Mr Gump. Why if we lose to Coventry tomorrow are we not going to make the play-offs? If if we did lose, we would sill be in the top seven. Your logic is without logic.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowlane1 View Post
    As ever, I find your lack of enthusiasm quite disturbing Mr Gump. Why if we lose to Coventry tomorrow are we not going to make the play-offs? If if we did lose, we would sill be in the top seven. Your logic is without logic.
    "Another member of the rose-tinted brigade"

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I was a bit disappointed by Nolan's reaction last Monday to Charlie Slater giving him the final score from Coventry (Yeovil winning 6-2). Nolan said something like "Oh great, now we'll have to face a side reacting to a heavy defeat". He may well be right, but it's another example of "everything is going against us" and this time before a ball has even been kicked. Surely you have to go into this game with the attitude that Coventry have had a massive knock to their confidence and if we get at them and score first, they're going to be far more worried about missing out on the top 7 than we are.
    Exactly my thoughts UTM, when he said it, I cringed....surely your first reaction is "we will do the same"? not "oh dear, they will now be even more determined to beat us"....same with the refs every week.....he has got it into his head that they are all against him and Notts personally, which IMO is simply not the case.

At the beginning of the season, we had loads of results that went our way....these things have a habit of balancing themselves out over the season.....and he needs to accept it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast