+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who would you offer a contract extension too?

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    McDonald can do one too.

I'm hearing from within that he's being a stirring ****.

I think he's got a bit of McCann syndrome ( I'm a pundit so I'm right and everyone else is wrong style).

We've enough to deal with without pundit egos.

heard a rumour that there was a bit of boxing in the changing room the other week, dont know if true. CL, Ellis and Mcdonald i heard. as said only a rumour.
    at least it shows some passion if true, just not on the pitch unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    heard a rumour that there was a bit of boxing in the changing room the other week, dont know if true. CL, Ellis and Mcdonald i heard. as said only a rumour.
    at least it shows some passion if true, just not on the pitch unfortunately.
    McDonald and King. Edit to say McDonald on King

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    McDonald can do one too.

I'm hearing from within that he's being a stirring ****.

I think he's got a bit of McCann syndrome ( I'm a pundit so I'm right and everyone else is wrong style).

We've enough to deal with without pundit egos.
    agree - if it was going to work it would have by now

Football people with extensive dressing room experience at the club have pointed the finger at McDonald. Believing his own hype. Stirring things.

Sounds like a snake in the camp by what I'm hearing.

Credit to Csaba and Ellis for getting him to play well on Tuesday night. Althoigh I noticed no one acknowledged him when he was subbed.

What would each of us do if we had a snake amongst the crowd we were managing?

Quote Originally Posted by Arab87 View Post
    We have many players out of contract in the summer, which of these players deserve a contract extension:

GK: Mehmet
    DF: Quinn, Durnan, Robson, Moshni
    MF: Fyvie, Fraser, Briels, Gillespie, Flood,
    ST: McDonald, Lyng,

Loan expiring: Lewis, Mikkelson, Mason, Slater.
    Mehmet yes for the champ as he has not had a chance this season, and i would at least like to see if he has something to offer. Another yes for Fyvie and a squad place for Slater and Gillespie, unless a better option is available.

Quinn, Flood and McDonald are all very close, or are at the end of their playing days.

Robson needs to give himself a good shake when a failed midfielding RB comes in at LB and shows you up! I fully expect he and Fraser will be off, although i would like to see Fraser here next season.

Mikkelsen has proved in 1 short spell that he can score goals, and has got a couple more this time, i just want to see what he can do if he can get a settled support. Working just now for McDonald, McMullan, King and Smith.

As for Briels, i think the lad is a player and a half, but with rumours of serious injury problems, we cant afford the luxury of the possibility he might return!

Fyvie
    Stanton
    Fraser
    Moshni
    Ralston haha

McMullen is a maybe

Stanton is signed up for next season is he no. Which is good. One of our best this squad.

If McMullen’s is up also then he would be a maybe for me. Has something but needs to screw the nut.

mcm and stanton are 2019. stanton at this level poss not above. mcm needs to - well as you said

Quote Originally Posted by Arab87 View Post
    We have many players out of contract in the summer, which of these players deserve a contract extension:

GK: Mehmet
    DF: Quinn, Durnan, Robson, Moshni
    MF: Fyvie, Fraser, Briels, Gillespie, Flood,
    ST: McDonald, Lyng,

Loan expiring: Lewis, Mikkelson, Mason, Slater.
    If these are the players with contracts up I’d keep durnan, Robson, mosh, fyvie, fraser.

Maybe Mikk and McD too. Not if McD is a troublemaker though!

I’d keep these same of the out of contract players whichever division we are in.

Durnan does not look the most elegant player but he has kept us going a lot in the last couple of years. The number of times he makes key headers or puts his body on the line should be appreciated. We have needed him and he deserves to stay with us if we go up.

Maybe the question to be asked is which players would like to stay. Their effort at times suggests they don’t want to be here !

I’d clear the lot out and start again, probably tell Csaba to do it because if he’s allowed to hand out extended contracts it’ll be More Will Fud and Csaba’s new boys who don’t get a game that would be kept.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)