+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Next Season

A bit premature maybe but we can relax a bit knowing we won't go up or down. I'm thinking that there isn't too much wrong with our mid - forward line . If we can get Thomson signed for next season , in beside Jacobs , then that gives us a decent centre midfield. One that won't let us down with work rate and the aforementioned goal threat from the foraging Thomson. Probably need a forward to challenge or partner Dobbie as I don't see anybody else in the squad doing this . The main problem is the back 4 and goalkeeper positions. Martin , when playing ( for me) is decent but he's quite often either unfit or injured. The young lad Leighfield has had a very difficult experience filling in and hope this spell hasn't ruined his confidence. The strange thing about the back line is that I feel ( individually ) they are decent players but all at sea as a defence . This defensive problem really has to be addressed by Naysmith as the safety buffer of Brechin definitely and Dumbarton likely not to be there . Thoughts and any realistic signings you think would bolster us ?9
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 06-04-2018 at 01:51 PM.

If Naysmith is still here next season he obviously needs to start by sorting out that defence . Any idea who’s signed up for next season ?

Martin Dobbie Fordyce Dykes Stirling Jacobs....

That's all from the First Team Squad. Yikes!
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 06-04-2018 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Martin Dobbie Marshall Dykes....
    According to official site, Fordyce, Stirling and Jacobs also signed until May 2019.

Just updated my first post...

Big clear out required

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Martin Dobbie Fordyce Dykes Stirling Jacobs....

That's all from the First Team Squad. Yikes!
    There's a massive clear out needed and the lack of investment in the squad has been scandalous over the past 2 years. We have went from a side that were competing with rangers, hibs and Co to a side that struggle to compete with St miŕren Morton or dunfermline. Players have moved on and the players that have came in are just not on the same level. Robinson gone and Martin comes in. Mckenna moves on and Jacobs comes in. Downe and Higgins go and we keep brownlie. The list goes on. The whole idea is to replace players with better ones, but we haven't done that. Dobbie, fordyce and Marshall aside, none of the current squad would get a sniff in the side of 3 or 4 years ago. That tells me where the club is heading and it's not the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    There's a massive clear out needed and the lack of investment in the squad has been scandalous over the past 2 years. We have went from a side that were competing with rangers, hibs and Co to a side that struggle to compete with St miŕren Morton or dunfermline. Players have moved on and the players that have came in are just not on the same level. Robinson gone and Martin comes in. Mckenna moves on and Jacobs comes in. Downe and Higgins go and we keep brownlie. The list goes on. The whole idea is to replace players with better ones, but we haven't done that. Dobbie, fordyce and Marshall aside, none of the current squad would get a sniff in the side of 3 or 4 years ago. That tells me where the club is heading and it's not the right direction
    Higgins and Dowie needed to go. Let's not pretend otherwise. In fact , they shold have gone 2 years before they did .

Good post and hopefully a better squad will represent Queens next season IF money is forthcoming. It would be embarrassing to end up fighting relegation in the next campaign - our centenary one.

it doesnt make sense ,with hibs ,hearts and rangers in the league ,the league was a bit too strong to think about trying to get promotion ,but we went for it anyways ,but the league now has got much weaker so i just dont get it we would be far better going for it while the league is so week instead of waiting about for more big teams coming down ,looks like we have no ambition atol and just wanna hang around in the championship as our main ambition ,not high enough ambition for me not by a long shot .the league gets weaker and we also get weaker ,thats where it baffles me ,other way about makes the sense get stronger while those around you weaken is the way to go
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 09-04-2018 at 07:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)