+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Next Season - Players that could benefit the Millers

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well all I can say and looking at it retrospectively as I follow a club who invested £8m in the younger market , a spend with all due respect that isn't likely to be followed by your club and what I've seen of RUFC you will require some older seen it and done championship players with a good season still left in them .

Three or four max , the championship isn't a learn on the job league to say the least .

I only speak as I find and I don't mean and disrespect what so ever but your current squad is way way off the pace at championship level .

Some experience would give you a fair shout at staying up as oppose to getting eaten alive with younger players and the realistic budget you will be operating under .
    with the current squad it would be a repeat of last time we was there.

we need a new defence and centre forward line

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Cardiff just won automatic promotion and their top scorer only got 10 whereas only 2 of the top dozen scorers in the Championship will be playing in the Premiership next season (assuming no change of clubs etc.) So it's not all about goal scoring, its about getting a good balance in all areas of play and as stated in experience v youth. No doubt in the fact that what little we have to spend has to be spent wisely and even then we'll need a massive slice of luck and team spirit to survive. Depending on what happens in 7 days it could all be moot anyway.

Cardiff had the best defence in the league joint with the wolves the champions and only conceded 38 goals

they was the 6th highest scorers in the league.

in league 1 rotherham conceded 20 more goals than Cardiff and scored 19 more.

Not surprising that Cardiff has a well drilled defence.
    We've seen first hand what a defence coached by Kevin Blackwell can achieve.

Ronnie Jepson also made us a much more effective attacking unit - Matt D moved out to the left and getting the best out of L Best

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234