+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Farts Match Thingymajig

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The fact we always make a c@nt of after the split added to the fact we are pish v the teams we are to play doesnt make for good reading
    That and the fact that Killie are due a win against us at some point. They have been unlucky once or twice this season already and they are a team confident after a good run in the league. Momentum in the right direction unlike us.

The fact we always make a c@nt of after the split added to the fact we are pish v the teams we are to play doesnt make for good reading
    To be fair we did better last year (three wins from memory), which I think was partly due to having the cup final to keep playing for. In years prior to that we had second clinched and played some pretty young teams in some games looking ahead to the early start in Europe.

Hopefully we can test my theory again this year about the cup final making a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    To be fair we did better last year (three wins from memory), which I think was partly due to having the cup final to keep playing for. In years prior to that we had second clinched and played some pretty young teams in some games looking ahead to the early start in Europe.

Hopefully we can test my theory again this year about the cup final making a difference
    Need to worry about a semi first. But aye maybe you are right

Need to worry about a semi first. But aye maybe you are right
    Unfortunately I am worried. Penalties beckon

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Completely agree that it's going to be a very busy Summer but whilst it's 10 squad players most of those frankly won't be missed. For sure Maclean will be, Christie would have been a big miss based on first half of season, but has been meh since Christmas. Stewart has been too inconsistent, likewise Arnason, players like Chidi, Rodgers, Woodman are ten a penny and the least said about AOC and Maynard the better.

How many of those 10 would you really want to keep? It's not a function of short-term thinking, its a function of poor recruitment

Whether we like it or not loan signings are now a feature of all Scottish teams squads, even Celtic (and personally I don't like it) and that is not going to change any time soon. Equally the days of the Jim McLean 7 year contracts are long gone so given squads of 22-24 players and average 2-3 year contracts we all best get used to having to either renew contracts or find replacements for 8-10 players every season from now on.

Hopefully we get better recruitment going forward than the last three windows but if we seriously think that the likes of Sam Cosgrove will ever be an Aberdeen quality player then I share your concern. We seem to have better success when we sign players already proven in Scotland so hopefully Devlin can be a better quality than AOC/Arnason but we will see.
    One or two loans I don’t mind.
    But 5 or 6? Nah

Devlin hasn’t played in 11 months.
    When he was at Accies I don’t ever remember thinking he’d be a great signing.
    Will he be better than AOC or Arnason? Have my doubts.

The Russ Richardson recommendations have in the main been average.
    Who in the name of f**k thought signing a Carlisle player who they were going to release in the summer would be worth paying £40k for?
    The lower leagues of England are over-rated & they’re over-paid.

I get the fact that of the10 that are going will not be missed.
    The fact remains that they need replaced.
    And I have little confidence in the clubs recruitment

Just back down in Englandshire ... interesting comments. My take on today is:
    If our early header goes in, we stroll to an easy win, but then they score with the first chance they create - sadly a very well-made goal, unlike Hearts! Then Scotty falls over and we’re 2 down and haven’t done much wrong... they grow in confidence and I haven’t seen Hearts play that well for years, although they still didn’t really create much ... Sadly we didn’t create much either.
    For me the issue was that we couldn’t get any of our creative players on the ball in their half. McGinn was anonymous, nothing Christie did came off, same with Stewart, and McLean was playing the deep “quarterback” role so couldn’t influence things. DM’s half-time change meant KM moved forward and they tried to get him on the ball, which worked to a certain extent, as he was always trying to get on the ball, but still we couldn’t threaten until GMS came on.
    As others have said, the effort was there, but to my mind it was a bad day at the office ....,
    But I’m worried about next Saturday without KM ... It’s time for others to step up, but like today, the first goal will be crucial. If we score it, I think we will win.
    I’d like to see GMS start instead of Stewart, as at least he takes people on, Ball for Shay, Chidi and AOC holding with Arnie and Scotty at the back, and start with Rooney and then bring May on near end!
    My main desire is for the 250+ mile drive to be more worthwhile than today!!
    COYR

Is Craig Levein the Scottish Sam Allardyce?
    They're both utter c u nt s of individuals, they play eye bleeding fitba, but they're effective.
    Diets will be third next season, mark my words

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    One or two loans I don’t mind.
    But 5 or 6? Nah

Devlin hasn’t played in 11 months.
    When he was at Accies I don’t ever remember thinking he’d be a great signing.
    Will he be better than AOC or Arnason? Have my doubts.

The Russ Richardson recommendations have in the main been average.
    Who in the name of f**k thought signing a Carlisle player who they were going to release in the summer would be worth paying £40k for?
    The lower leagues of England are over-rated & they’re over-paid.

I get the fact that of the10 that are going will not be missed.
    The fact remains that they need replaced.
    And I have little confidence in the clubs recruitment
    I keep reading a lot of talk of this Russ Richardson,where did he come from?

Is he a McInnes staff member or was he here before him?

If he isn’t part of McInnes staff then that’s quite worrying that he will be here beyond the McInnes era,mind you I remember Craig Robertson was our scout under Willie Millers dof years and our transfer targets were English lower league players so maybe they are told to do that from board level.

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    Just back down in Englandshire ... interesting comments. My take on today is:
    If our early header goes in, we stroll to an easy win, but then they score with the first chance they create - sadly a very well-made goal, unlike Hearts! Then Scotty falls over and we’re 2 down and haven’t done much wrong... they grow in confidence and I haven’t seen Hearts play that well for years, although they still didn’t really create much ... Sadly we didn’t create much either.
    For me the issue was that we couldn’t get any of our creative players on the ball in their half. McGinn was anonymous, nothing Christie did came off, same with Stewart, and McLean was playing the deep “quarterback” role so couldn’t influence things. DM’s half-time change meant KM moved forward and they tried to get him on the ball, which worked to a certain extent, as he was always trying to get on the ball, but still we couldn’t threaten until GMS came on.
    As others have said, the effort was there, but to my mind it was a bad day at the office ....,
    But I’m worried about next Saturday without KM ... It’s time for others to step up, but like today, the first goal will be crucial. If we score it, I think we will win.
    I’d like to see GMS start instead of Stewart, as at least he takes people on, Ball for Shay, Chidi and AOC holding with Arnie and Scotty at the back, and start with Rooney and then bring May on near end!
    My main desire is for the 250+ mile drive to be more worthwhile than today!!
    COYR
    Evening HD

Didn't get the game here , was too late anyway. I am no DM apologist but it strikes me that we score first we win and visa versa points to no bollox in the team - as soon as something goes against us we're done. Players of that type are hard to find but (Shinnie aside) DM appears to have a knack for selecting shrinking violets. Could be his motivational speech needs work.

Anyway hopefully we score first next week as you said and we can meet for a beer or two in May

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I keep reading a lot of talk of this Russ Richardson,where did he come from?

Is he a McInnes staff member or was he here before him?

If he isn’t part of McInnes staff then that’s quite worrying that he will be here beyond the McInnes era,mind you I remember Craig Robertson was our scout under Willie Millers dof years and our transfer targets were English lower league players so maybe they are told to do that from board level.
    https://www.afc.co.uk/2015/06/09/cru...nd-the-scenes/

He’s “Head of Recruitment”.
    Ergo is he mainly/partly responsible for messrs Parker, Monakana, Zola, Stockley, Maynard, Cosgrove, Ball, O’Connor, Taylor etc?
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 07-04-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast