+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff

Cardiff

When the dust has settled and we all realise that there is only one decent club in this division we can talk about so called "threats".

Tonight Cardiff showed what they really are-a big physical unit that rely on defensive errors to try and grind out a win.

Tonight they ran out of luck yet they made made one thing perfectly clear.

Their manager is what we all thought he was. A complete tool.

Look at your own manager running around the pitch like a man possessed rather than shake Warnocks hand he was in the wrong he knows nothing about English football t-at

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Look at your own manager running around the pitch like a man possessed rather than shake Warnocks hand he was in the wrong he knows nothing about English football t-at
    Put it back in your trousers little man nobody is at all impressed.

Karma will come around for him next season if they get promoted. Cardiff will be near the bottom fighting all season and fans will only tolerate terrible football when you’re winning. Neil’s career record in the top flight is 17-19-39. That’s 23% winning rate. Over 38 games, he’d have an approximate record of 9-9-20. Good for 36 points. Would be good some years and others not so much.

I’m not taking survival for granted or guaranteeing it, but I bet we will still attempt forward thinking footy next season.
    Last edited by MichiganWolf; 07-04-2018 at 03:24 AM.

Warnock is a good Manager did amazing for us at Rotherham.
    However he talks about lack of class didn’t he encourage his own players to get sent off against West Brom I think ?
    Might want to rethink your comments Warnock sounds like desperation to me?
    Good luck wolves for the rest of the season.

Proper football club.
    Last edited by Yak; 07-04-2018 at 09:36 AM.

As I watched the game last night from the comfort of home, I also followed the comments on the Cardiff board. Interestingly at half time, they were claiming a yellow card against Coady and also a penalty. I am not sure if they were watching the same game as me, but they were claiming that they were the better team1

At the end they were beaten by the better side, despite their ‘muck and nettles’ approach to the finish. Some of their supporters even stated that we were a good footballing team and praised Neves and Costa. Our defence also came in for praise, with one supporter saying “The big black bloke never missed a header all night.”

Warnock was also criticised by a few for his behaviour at the finish, although Nuno was criticised by many. How Warnock can accuse Nuno of having no class is beyond me. Could you have imagined the Cardiff manager’s reaction if either, or both penalties had gone in. It is great to witness Nuno’s passion for the club.

The ‘kick fest’, expected by many, never materialised, and although we fell well short of the standards we set during the autumn, we still had individual players who stood up to be counted. I though Bennett had his best game yet in a Wolves shirt.

Derby and Blues now to seal a great season.
    Last edited by abbobrom; 07-04-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    As I watched the game last night from the comfort of home, I also followed the comments on the Cardiff board. Interestingly at half time, they were claiming a yellow card against Coady and also a penalty. I am not sure if they were watching the same game as me, but they were claiming that they were the better team1

At the end they were beaten by the better side, despite their ‘muck and nettles’ approach to the finish. Some of their supporters even stated that we were a good footballing team and praised Neves and Costa. Our defence also came in for praise, with one supporter saying “The big black bloke never missed a header all night.”

Warnock was also criticised by a few for his behaviour at the finish, although Nuno was criticised by many. How Warnock can accuse Nuno of having no class is beyond me. Could you have imagined the Cardiff manager’s reaction if either, or both penalties had gone in. It is great to witness Nuno’s passion for the club.

The ‘kick fest’, expected by many, never materialised, and although we fell well short of the standards we set during the autumn, we still had individual players who stood up to be counted. I though Bennett had his best game yet in a Wolves shirt.

Derby and Blues now to seal a great season.
    I thought Boly was immense last night abbo and yes, Bennett was superb.

Pre match I questioned the Afobe, Bonatini Jota selection. One coming back from injury and one that is struggling to show the form from the first half of the season. It didn't work and Nuno made the correct changes.

Regarding Warnock, how he has the nerve to talk about class is laughable. I had to look closer as he was talking to see if he had his tongue wedged firmly in his cheek but he hadn't. One of the most hated characters in football showed last night why he is exactly that.

Nuno showed me two things last night, the passion and 'togetherness' is there in abundance. Secondly, the humility when apologising live on air whilst millions are watching.

Now that's class.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    I thought Boly was immense last night abbo and yes, Bennett was superb.

Pre match I questioned the Afobe, Bonatini Jota selection. One coming back from injury and one that is struggling to show the form from the first half of the season. It didn't work and Nuno made the correct changes.

Regarding Warnock, how he has the nerve to talk about class is laughable. I had to look closer as he was talking to see if he had his tongue wedged firmly in his cheek but he hadn't. One of the most hated characters in football showed last night why he is exactly that.

Nuno showed me two things last night, the passion and 'togetherness' is there in abundance. Secondly, the humility when apologising live on air whilst millions are watching.

Now that's class.
    You know what, I’m not a fan of Warnock but his outburst was the reaction of a manager who really gives a f*ck, he’s great when he’s your manager and a t*sser from the outside. Nuno and him aren’t so different in that sense, it will be harder in the Prem we may see a different side to Nuno then!? In terms of footballing styles they are of course worlds apart, we are proper lucky... This season, this team take some beating in my forty years following Wolves.

That's fair enough Norton.

I just think he is a ****.

I agree, but I can’t help respecting what he has acheived at Cardiff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)