+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Barnsley v The Mighty Blades

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Well it's taken some time but at least you have come round to mine and rods assessment gray
    Moore was better than the alternatives we had at a lower level though wasn’t he Bully?

I always bemoaned the fact that he seemed to be beaten far too easily from distance and his kicking was crap, but we were so much better than anybody else last year it didn’t really count for much. I had this debate with a few people (where IS Rav by the way?), but this season has been a whole new ball game. Blackman is head and shoulders the better keeper and not just cus he’s 6’7”. I’d love us to re-sign him if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Moore was better than the alternatives we had at a lower level though wasn’t he Bully?

I always bemoaned the fact that he seemed to be beaten far too easily from distance and his kicking was crap, but we were so much better than anybody else last year it didn’t really count for much. I had this debate with a few people (where IS Rav by the way?), but this season has been a whole new ball game. Blackman is head and shoulders the better keeper and not just cus he’s 6’7”. I’d love us to re-sign him if at all possible.
    He was better than what we had m8 I never disputed that,what I did think was we paid too much for him cos I didn't think he was worth what we paid you could see the deficiencies but most chose to ignore cos as you say it didn't matter cos we were so much better,well now it does matter and we have to spend more money to right the situation I'd have just rather us got someone who could step up to this level which wasn't such a big ask with the money we spent,I agree you buy for the level and improve as you rise but we spent a lot of money on him that's gone now imo we could have spent a lot less and still been in this position or just got someone better with the amount we spent

I'm not sure how many last chances some people believe we've still got.
    Derby winning
    Millwall winning
    Middlesboro winning
    It's over, accept it.

The one player that has made us tick and held everything together broke his leg in November and from that moment on we have struggled.

Quite unbelievable really, Messi is as close to being the most irreplaceable player in world football but Barcelona's world wouldn't fall apart if he was injured. They'd just carry on as normal.
    But we lose an average midfielder and sink like a stone

Millwall were x amount of points worse than us last season they haven't spent bucketfuls of money this season,they are above us in the table and in form and stand every chance of reaching them it's not all about how much money you spend !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234