+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to destroy a whole seasons work in 2 games.

How to destroy a whole seasons work in 2 games.

Great job lads.

It had to end at some point.
    But I'm sure everyone will say "if Coutts didn't get injured"

Good teams cope with injuries and good clubs make sure their fortunes aren't reliant on one player

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Great job lads.
    It aint just the last 2 games tho is it?Before today we've won 1 and drawn 4 and at least 3 of the 4 draws shudda been wins in my view.We're not clinical enuff when on top.UTCB

If we’re honest it’s not just been all on the last two games has it? They’ve just put the lid on it.

We’ve managed just 5 wins out of 17 league games this year. Far too many draws when we should have won and defeats when we should have drawn and too many so called hard luck stories.

Overall though, I don’t think we we’re quite good enough for top 6 and the in and out form of teams around us has just clouded the issue. Maybe better backing in January and we could have kicked on but as always, who really expected our board and owners to push the boat out more than they did?

Wilder has worked miracles with what he’s had to work with and I’ve enjoyed so much of what I’ve seen this season, but we need a complete rethink on the level of investment because this will be as good as it gets at this level if not. I also don’t think that Chris will be patient enough to suck it and see without some assurances. The guy’s a genuine massive Blade, but he’s ambitious and he won’t let them take the p’ss for years whilst his career stagnates..and quite rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    If we’re honest it’s not just been all on the last two games has it? They’ve just put the lid on it.

We’ve managed just 5 wins out of 17 league games this year. Far too many draws when we should have won and defeats when we should have drawn and too many so called hard luck stories.

Overall though, I don’t think we we’re quite good enough for top 6 and the in and out form of teams around us has just clouded the issue. Maybe better backing in January and we could have kicked on but as always, who really expected our board and owners to push the boat out more than they did?

Wilder has worked miracles with what he’s had to work with and I’ve enjoyed so much of what I’ve seen this season, but we need a complete rethink on the level of investment because this will be as good as it gets at this level if not. I also don’t think that Chris will be patient enough to suck it and see without some assurances. The guy’s a genuine massive Blade, but he’s ambitious and he won’t let them take the p’ss for years whilst his career stagnates..and quite rightly so.

Yes,
    I was a little worried when we got Wilder as manager, not because I doubted his ability but because I thought the boardroom would take the pi55 out of him with him being a Blade.

I thought they'd think "He's a United fan so this is as good as it gets for him, so we can offer him next to nothing and as a United fan he will expect next to nothing"

I think they might be in for a shock if they test him

Since Coutts injury we've played 24 league games and won 6 of them, we've drawn 8 of them and lost 10

That's 26 points from 24 games which is just over half a season. That's relegation form in some seasons
    Last edited by JJBlade; 07-04-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Since Coutts injury we've played 24 league games and won 6 of them, we've drawn 8 of them and lost 10

That's 26 points from 24 games which is just over half a season. That's relegation form in some seasons
    whilst i agree we,ve gone down hill points wise since coutts got injured,its not as if we havnt created loads of chances for almost every player to score,coutts isnt a goal scorer so on the goal front i dont see it any better if he played ,although he would have created another 20 chances we,d only score 3 so maybe we,d be 3 0r 4 points better off the team as just stopped scoring . the problem is and always will be putting chances away. we need higher quality forwards,forwards that not only convert the 3 0r 4 chances they get in a game, but can create them selfs a goal. also we need 15 goals coming from midfield. it as been pretty woeful.and we,re still in there for the playoffs.we may as well forget corners cause we just dont score from them. the deliver is the worst ive seen in a long time,we either hit their first man or we over hit it. we have a team to compete in almost every game ,but nowhere near the finishing to win more games. Bristol at home woodwork 4 times lose. cardiff miss sitters draw. brentford away miss sitters from two yards out draw. norwich home miss sitters lose. the list is endless. . we miss coutts,but finishing we miss most

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post

True, but 5 of those 10 losses came in the spell straight after Coutt’s injury up to the end of December when we were all over the place trying to find a way to play without him..

I’ve just checked the stats, since the turn of the year our forms been mid table-ish which is about right from what I’ve seen. We’re a decent enough team and easy on the eye a bit like Brentford, but we just lack that bit of quality at this level in certain areas that could have made us into a genuine promotion challenging team.

Chris will have known that as much as any of us and must have asked the question even though he obviously wouldn’t want to talk about it to the media. I wonder what the overall response and excuse for not giving it a real go was?

True, but 5 of those 10 losses came in the spell straight after Coutt’s injury up to the end of December when we were all over the place trying to find a way to play without him..

I’ve just checked the stats, since the turn of the year our forms been mid table-ish which is about right from what I’ve seen. We’re a decent enough team and easy on the eye a bit like Brentford, but we just lack that bit of quality at this level in certain areas that could have made us into a genuine promotion challenging team.

Chris will have known that as much as any of us and must have asked the question even though he obviously wouldn’t want to talk about it to the media. I wonder what the overall response and excuse for not giving it a real go was?

Yes, the immediate games after Coutts injury saw us struggling with different players trying to fit into his role.

I'm not blaming our change in form on his injury, I just think we have ended up where we belong due to a full season catching up with average Championship players. The early season form masked what we actually are.

However frustrating the last 2 games were - the title is a big exaggeration. We have been coughing and spluttering for ages now - just haven't quite got the quality to get over the line. Still been a good season though and encouraging progress being made.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast