+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to destroy a whole seasons work in 2 games.

spot on monte been a brilliant effort by everybody your right its just been that bit of quality in certain areas that are gonna cost us a top 6 finish

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    spot on monte been a brilliant effort by everybody your right its just been that bit of quality in certain areas that are gonna cost us a top 6 finish
    plus the ability to concede goals in the last 5 minutes of games........this has to stop for the good of everybody............god knows how many points its cost us this season. Us and Palace are experts at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    plus the ability to concede goals in the last 5 minutes of games........this has to stop for the good of everybody............god knows how many points its cost us this season. Us and Palace are experts at it.
    At least we are good at something.

I did some stats earleir in the season and they showed that it's not just the last 2 games that have virtually killed off our hopes.

We've done much better than expected, never even glimpsed relegation, exceeded expectations BUT we also increased expectations with the magnficent start.

That standard has to become the norm for any club that wants to progress. Sitting back and basking in a bit of self congratulation is not how clubs progress.

Being ruthless, wanting even more, being prepared to make hard decisions, being bold, being focused is the way forward.

The problem is that, normally the SUC board/owners think that the manager can keep on producing similar results on similar resources, The second half of this season is living proof that this does not work. The other thing they rely on is the manager putting up with their approach.

I doubt CW will so tthe board/owners have big decisions to make but, not for the first time, we have a background of boardroom turmoil that could upset the applecart .

Someone needs to sort it and SOOOOON.

Some BLADES dint want play offs anyway(Which i can't mi head around) some said we had nowt to lose,what a crazy way to look at followin/supportin a Football club in my opinion.I want us to win every game we play at whatever level,but win on Tuesday and the dreams back on in't it? It's the hope that kills ya i've been told,well i'd sooner have hope than not.UTCB

No team is ever ready for the PL and, if you have a smidgin of a chance, you HAVE to go for it.

Developing the squad, building etc is a fallacy- just ask Huddrsfield, Burnley, Bournemouth fans if they'd have preferred another year in the Champ to 'bulid'. Just look across to S6 - their building has crumbled spectacularly.

If it happens then learn the lessons of others, adapt and enjoy the ride- mafter all you're on the world's biggest gravy train.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    That’s definitely been a major Achilles heel this season and always in key games and that probably tells us that the team’s collective mindset isn’t as confident or positive as it needs to be for whatever reason. Also the fact that we’ve struggled to win games when we’ve gone behind.

I think you can tell when a promotion chasing team’s have really got there heads right by the way they tend to close out games and not concede many late goals as well as coming back from behind and winning or at least getting something like we did last season. We haven’t really done either of those well enough this time around, there’s always been that bit of doubt especially since Coutts was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    That’s definitely been a major Achilles heel this season and always in key games and that probably tells us that the team’s collective mindset isn’t as confident or positive as it needs to be for whatever reason. Also the fact that we’ve struggled to win games when we’ve gone behind.

I think you can tell when a promotion chasing team’s have really got there heads right by the way they tend to close out games and not concede many late goals as well as coming back from behind and winning or at least getting something like we did last season. We haven’t really done either of those well enough this time around, there’s always been that bit of doubt especially since Coutts was injured.
    very very true Gray

Missing out will be a blessing in disguise,the early bird catches the worm.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Since Coutts injury we've played 24 league games and won 6 of them, we've drawn 8 of them and lost 10

That's 26 points from 24 games which is just over half a season. That's relegation form in some seasons
    TBH its amazing we are in the position were in with those sats !

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Thats whats costing us. The last three games we have lost leads. 48 goals conceded the worst in the top 10 in the division. Its not all about taking chances 15 games lost compared to Millwall who've lost 10 they know how to see games out.
    but missing chances is totally why we dont see out games cause if ya score the sitters it changes the whole pattern of the game and the chance that the opposition score to win would never have come about cause the pattern of the game as changed. we miss so the game plays out in the way that they score.?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast