+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Csaba Lazslo must go

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    FECKING BULL****!!

Eddie made mistakes, and in hindsight would admit that, BUT he left the club in a great position, both financially and from a personnel perspective!
    Our current demise is due to a greedy bassa, who did not have either the financial acumen, nor the man man management skills,to progress thd foundations that were built, and now we are living that nightmare, simples!!!
    7 mill in debt is not a good financial position.

Only thing Eddie got right was hiring Levein. Down to timing rather than skill.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    7 mill in debt is not a good financial position.

Only thing Eddie got right was hiring Levein. Down to timing rather than skill.
    I’m talking about the football side of things!
    The previous v current position is night and day, and to be honest, to bring finance into it is laughable!! While Eddie racked up costs, the development activity, particularly with the subsequent sale of some very key players/tranfers (from that activity), should have elimated most of that, but how has the present emcumbent done in that respect?, enough said!!!!!
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 07-04-2018 at 07:28 PM.

I know there is the camp that will say we can't keep sacking managers, but if we keep getting wrong we have no chioce, No one can defend the managers position giving what he has at his disposal

personally i'd sack the people responsible for "carefully" selecting this latest dud......

FECKING BULL****!!

Eddie made mistakes, and in hindsight would admit that, BUT he left the club in a great position, both financially and from a personnel perspective!
    Our current demise is due to a greedy bassa, who did not have either the financial acumen, nor the man man management skills,to progress thd foundations that were built, and now we are living that nightmare, simples!!!
    Make up your mind pal.

Eddies reign saw good success on the park. This was achieved by living so far outwith our means that we could never recover.

It's almost exactly the same as what the Marrs did at Dens but with less debt and more success to balance it out.

Despite excellent player sales in the years since we've been unable to recover, and wit every sale we weakened the squad and saw an adverse effect on performance.

I loved the ET era but I,m not going to pretend it's not the reason we are where we are today as it blatantly is.

ST gets a bad press, and rightly so, but if his dad had carried on running us we would have kept haemorrhaging money and realistically could have kept building that debt to a level that was unmanageable. ST may well have saved the club, but in doing so has had to oversee a massive reduction in success and playing squad.

I also enjoyed when Eddie was chairman. Yes he made many mistakes but his heart was with the football club, he tried very hard to put it right. He at least took action when it was needed.
    Now we have to presume it is acceptable to lose our 10th league game of the season in a league below where we should be to a bunch of part timers on a sunday league pitch.
    A soulless, gutless, feckless, penniless, useless, pointless shell of a club.

Some incorrect things said here about Eddie, mainly by the so called Arab, we were losing millions before he even came in, yes the debt got to 7m but we also got this under control and with the hiring of levein had more than turned the tide, the turnover was much better and we had assets to sell, Eddie left us in a very decent position, ST actually done really well as well for the most part up until selling good to many of our good players in a short space of time, the big fk up coming in January 2015

Followed by the hiring of Mixu and now Laszlo, I won't include McKinnon as that wasn't really a bad appointment, he had a difficult job right after relegation and was 45 mins from getting us up first time, a stonewall pen not being given in 1st leg didn't help

I cannot say that Eddies time with the reigns was that bad as he eventually found the right guys in CL an PH. They in turn gave us the players that paid off that debt. The next bunch of haddies unearthed one golden egg in Robertson who was cashed in as soon as possible with Ciftci in my mind a bit of luck! What they did outside of those 2 ultimately led to where we are, and that was never for the benefit of the club.

Now that i think of it, its little wonder we have a playing staff that is full of selfish mercenaries as they were just following the leaders!

I hear that Shabba didnt go back into the dressing room for a while after the game so i am sure he has lost the dressing room. However, i think this is only because there is a rat trying to rule the roost and i think it is them that should be ousted!

The previous v current position is night and day, and to be honest, to bring finance into it is laughable!! While Eddie racked up costs, the development activity, particularly with the subsequent sale of some very key players/tranfers (from that activity), should have elimated most of that, but how has the present emcumbent done in that respect?, enough said!!!!!
    You said he left us in a great position financially.

He did not.

Listened to Chris Smalling after the game tonight.
    When asked what the manager said at ht, he said not much because the players realised that they were at fault.
    No doubt our manager has to go but how many of our players accept their responsibility.
    Not many I’d suggest.

That’s the second manager now that seems to have ‘lost the dressing room.’ They’ve not been great managers, in shabbas case he’s been absolutely ****e, but the fact that these players think it’s ok to just down tools because they don’t agree with the manager is nothing short of disgraceful. Bit of perspective and self respect needed.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)