+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Axe to Grind but Villa Away on Fri13th next ............

No Axe to Grind but Villa Away on Fri13th next ............

Friday 13th ......... M1/M6 ...... Witton Arms ....... the wonderful Holte End facade and two sets of supporters as ever requiring more from their clubs but both vocally the best in the country so in fairness it'll be nice to put one over on Villa on the pitch as well as off it this season !

Of course the travelling is totally otgernillogical (thank you WTF11 for that word) but apparently Villa are 'falling apart' again so maybe right place at right time ........ will have my lucky pants & bra on so here's hoping .......

Villa forums moaning about Bruce I see ........... fans eh.............. it appears Smith at Brentford (40% win rate) or those 'twin' managers at Lincoln are wanted by 'em.

https://www.villatalk.com/forum/16-villa-talk/

Luckily I'm away this weekend and won't be able to see the recorded game against Villa till Monday, to be honest I'm sick to the back teeth of this season and just want it to end. I know we've all been here before on numerous occasions but this has been a lingering death since the Millwall away game. Can anyone recall a game we actually dominated for 90 minutes since the Burton home game. Apart from finding a goalkeeper, some young guns being blooded and a couple of the summer signings being ok the whole thing has been a bag of ****e. When will the fantastic fans we have at this club be rewarded, I see Cardiff, Fulham, Millwall etc performing in half empty stadiums but dominating and killing teams. We on the other hand have possibly the best support and one of the weakest home records ....WHY .... Is it because these players either don't care or as is more likely don't have the desire or talent to compete in this difficult league. I just know if somebody could come in here and get it right the place could and should be a fortress. I commend all the fans who have supported and endured this terrible campaign and hope that we can all turn up next season with hope in our heart that this time next year we will all be smelling the sweet smell of success. MOT.

Quote Originally Posted by mick64 View Post
    Luckily I'm away this weekend and won't be able to see the recorded game against Villa till Monday, to be honest I'm sick to the back teeth of this season and just want it to end. I know we've all been here before on numerous occasions but this has been a lingering death since the Millwall away game. Can anyone recall a game we actually dominated for 90 minutes since the Burton home game. Apart from finding a goalkeeper, some young guns being blooded and a couple of the summer signings being ok the whole thing has been a bag of ****e. When will the fantastic fans we have at this club be rewarded, I see Cardiff, Fulham, Millwall etc performing in half empty stadiums but dominating and killing teams. We on the other hand have possibly the best support and one of the weakest home records ....WHY .... Is it because these players either don't care or as is more likely don't have the desire or talent to compete in this difficult league. I just know if somebody could come in here and get it right the place could and should be a fortress. I commend all the fans who have supported and endured this terrible campaign and hope that we can all turn up next season with hope in our heart that this time next year we will all be smelling the sweet smell of success. MOT.
    I can tell you how it goes if you want to save yourself wasting 90+ minutes of your Monday lol Hell I can probably predict right now what will happen:
    Dull opening ten minutes of being dominated but nothing happening, we score a flukey goal, they notch it up to 5th gear and steam roller us for 25 minutes without scoring thanks to terrible finishing and 1/2 good saves from BPF + maybe a goal line clearance. Then its halftime, the mugs on the radio say we are playing brilliantly despite being butchered and completely ignoring our utter deficiencies. We return out for the second half, conceed relatively early, players bottle it and someone takes the token 'give up' card probably Jansson if he has recovered from the sniper that caught him at Preston. They batter us for 20 more mins before scoring 2 more. PH chucks on Jay Roy Grot who does **** all, Anita morphs into a Pokemon, shoots lasers at Jack Grealish and gets sent off before Samu Saiz says enough is enough tells PH to get ****ed, stops the game, they bring a table out to the centre circle where Saiz signs a Villa contract, he switches shirts, kicks back off, runs through our entire team and nutmegs BPF for their 4th before flicking the Vs at Jansson who is lying on the ground with yet another career ending injury when we are losing. Game finishes, Eddie Gray punches Thom Kirwin to death live on the pitch and Ekuban kicks a ball at the goal for 12 hours trying to score into an empty net and failing.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I can tell you how it goes if you want to save yourself wasting 90+ minutes of your Monday lol Hell I can probably predict right now what will happen:
    Dull opening ten minutes of being dominated but nothing happening, we score a flukey goal, they notch it up to 5th gear and steam roller us for 25 minutes without scoring thanks to terrible finishing and 1/2 good saves from BPF + maybe a goal line clearance. Then its halftime, the mugs on the radio say we are playing brilliantly despite being butchered and completely ignoring our utter deficiencies. We return out for the second half, conceed relatively early, players bottle it and someone takes the token 'give up' card probably Jansson if he has recovered from the sniper that caught him at Preston. They batter us for 20 more mins before scoring 2 more. PH chucks on Jay Roy Grot who does **** all, Anita morphs into a Pokemon, shoots lasers at Jack Grealish and gets sent off before Samu Saiz says enough is enough tells PH to get ****ed, stops the game, they bring a table out to the centre circle where Saiz signs a Villa contract, he switches shirts, kicks back off, runs through our entire team and nutmegs BPF for their 4th before flicking the Vs at Jansson who is lying on the ground with yet another career ending injury when we are losing. Game finishes, Eddie Gray punches Thom Kirwin to death live on the pitch and Ekuban kicks a ball at the goal for 12 hours trying to score into an empty net and failing.
    .......... yep Joel and the away support 'locked in' for an extra 20 mins with no access to drink,food or loo's before being frog marched out back to the coach parks dodging pelted objects thrown from the dark still singing MOT whilst trying to shake off Police dogs jaws firmly clamped on ones legs ........... and for me a further bloody hour at customs having my car forensically checked over 'cos it's the night crossing and the Customs staff are all Hammers supporters and enjoy telling me why our club is getting it all wrong.
    ALAW - MOT

Quote Originally Posted by mick64 View Post
    Not an easy question to answer, but perhaps the presence of so many chancers as Leeds owners (as opposed to the ones who REALLY mean business), is precisely what you refer to, the fans and the global support that Leeds have? With that revenue stream assured, it's hardly surprising that those with somewhat shallower pockets than the billionaires who buy PL clubs are at least "interested" in acquiring whole or part of the club. Doesn't explain why the billionaires aren't queuing up, thats for sure, nor am I giving a solution.

Fan boycotts are unlikely, the fans are just too devoted for that to happen, but without something happening to threaten that revenue (30k+ at the Sunderland game with nothing to play for and a horrendous run of previous results speaks volumes), what incentive is there on the part of the owner to change?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    .......... yep Joel and the away support 'locked in' for an extra 20 mins with no access to drink,food or loo's before being frog marched out back to the coach parks dodging pelted objects thrown from the dark still singing MOT whilst trying to shake off Police dogs jaws firmly clamped on ones legs ........... and for me a further bloody hour at customs having my car forensically checked over 'cos it's the night crossing and the Customs staff are all Hammers supporters and enjoy telling me why our club is getting it all wrong.
    ALAW - MOT
    In a horrifying turn of events fans end up on the players coach and players end up on the fans coach. Confusion leads to Dean from Belle Isle partnering Ian from Wykebeck up front in our next game and Pontus Jansson beginning his weekend shift at the local Aldi.

........ back on topic and particularly the current position of both clubs on/off the pitch I noted the Villa Forum stated a sponsorship deal had been done regarding the naming rights to their Training facilities had been brokered thus filling the coffers if Villa fail to go up,whether that extends to the ground I'm not sure but it should,IMO,be an avenue the Rad needs to investigate for us as the readies for renaming ER alone could/can make a difference to the summer recruitment war chest,help satisfy those retained and would be beneficial towards those FFP figures too.

ALAW - MOT

Sent by my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    ........ back on topic and particularly the current position of both clubs on/off the pitch I noted the Villa Forum stated a sponsorship deal had been done regarding the naming rights to their Training facilities had been brokered thus filling the coffers if Villa fail to go up,whether that extends to the ground I'm not sure but it should,IMO,be an avenue the Rad needs to investigate for us as the readies for renaming ER alone could/can make a difference to the summer recruitment war chest,help satisfy those retained and would be beneficial towards those FFP figures too.

ALAW - MOT

Sent by my iPhone.
    Sponsorship of Thorp Arch is hardly likely to offer material income, given where it is and its "accessibility"/exposure etc. Development of the area around ER to provide similar facilities is what is required (if you're not a property developer that is), and the sponsorship of a training facility in close proximity to ER would be substantially more attractive as a long-term sponsorship target.

You have already pointed out on another thread that a single player on the abominably stupid extended contracts "negotiated" for some pretty dire imports from the back-end of nowhere will cost £millions to get rid. If we choose (have) to do so for anything like the number of no-hopers that have "emerged" this season, there will be no "war chest" just a suitable redundancy pool, albeit that some will benefit more than others, no matter where they end up after leaving Leeds.

........ yeah but looking deeper ER is in a decent position development wise which I've covered in another Post ......... TA is in an area 2 miles off the A1M heavy traffic route and has large industrial,tecnology parks,retail distribution developments being built along its side designed for easy access for routes North & South ............. so a commercial sponsor for name awareness may be viable if explored - any door opened should be viewed is my take on opportunity.

https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/sites/..._Yorkshire.pdf

Villas Recon Sports tie up can easily be implemented at Leeds as the TA facilities can be adapted to pull together our implemented global links in place already to maximise what we have.https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/04/...tner-announced

Further point - my son told me how the Gary Monk training was heavy on visual representation methods via the TA classroom compared to the TC method of actual training on the TA pitch to get the message across and how GM's training on the pitch was heavy on working separately with defence,midfield & attack whilst TC designated more training time to team pattern play as a whole during the week.Not that the player stated which method was preferred 'tho.

So interesting how football & technology is used between different coaches today .................. and how clubs are exploring,investing/using it too.

ALAW - MOT

Sent by my iPhone.

redeveloping the training facilities with the club in the current state it is in , should be the least of his concerns mrs o., but that his the route this guy has planning all along , improving the infrastructure of the club before the team is like putting the cart before the horse . and will not be of any benefit when we are probably fighting relegation next season with this current squad.

money is not only been wasted on the recruitment side of the club, i.e players on 2/3/4/ contracts that are an absolute waste of space , but also on the constant hiring and firing of managers every six months, who are incapable of turning a pile of crap in to world beaters overnight, add to the fact we have a director of footballer, who could not recognise a quality player if he was playing in his back garden every day. and you can see the reasons why millions of pounds are going down the swanee every season.
    Last edited by Marley past ghosts; 13-04-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)