+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood post match thoughts

Warney is obsessed with accommodating Palmer,vaulkes and towel sometimes to the detriment and morale of the side.When we were on our long undefeated run he couldn’t give Palmer a shirt but as soon as that ended he has been a fixture.make the 3 of them fight for the midfield places and stop playing vaulkes at fullback /centreback.
    Previous posters quite correct about vaulkes and his ability as a defender.

Yep agreed Purrington not as attacking minded as mattock but didnt do owt wrong defensively. Towell ran midfield. I didnt think palmer had that bad a game though. Not much from Forde today but thought Newell ran them ragged down the left. One of his more consistent performances capped by a good goal. Also helped out defensively which can be one of his weak points.MOMs were Towell and Newell. Warne said he took Ajayi off for tactical reasons which makes me think he blamed him for crap marking for their second goal and was concerned he might do it again. It was amust win and we did it so thank feck for that cos we aint gonna get owt next week barring a miracle.

Message for Warney - Emmanuel has served his "punishment" now, so put him back in for the Wigan game, drop Palmer to the bench (after two successive unimpressive games), move Vaulks into midfield, and DON'T put three wingers in the starting line up. We've got to play our strongest team against Wigan to have a chance, and even then it will be tough.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 07-04-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Ground out the win despite not playing that great against one of the divisions form teams.

Good sides do that!

Thought Purrington played very well, very solid. Probably be off after this season but whatever.

Palmer? Can't believe the comments or s comment about him. He's got the heart of a lion! Battled all match against their No. 16 despite him being only half his size and what about the extremely brave ankle high header deep in injury time that defused their final attack?

Would the poster who "could do what he does" have done that?

My MOM Newell.

We were not convincing today, but Fleetwood came with confidence and set up not to let us get near the penalty area. In fact I think it was the 88th minute before we got around the back of them (Taylor?).

Newell was the star performer for me, seemed to want to be involved today. Towell also showed what we missed last week. Surprised that Ajayi rather than Vaulks came off, maybe he thought Vaulks offered more with possible long throws, shots etc.

Purrington looked solid enough. Not got the attacking side like Mattock, but did nothing wrong.

Rodak hardly tested.

Palmer drifted in and out of the game, not his best, but safe enough.

I thought Smith deserved something today, battled for 95 minutes, Ball also before he came off.

Dissapointing to give away 2 free headers again, but I think we would all have taken 3-2 before the start.

I can't believe the comments about Palmer too.

Paul Davis) centre-half Semi Ajayi not injured. Boss Paul Warne brought him off because he wasn't happy with two goals being conceded at set-pieces.

Purrington is a Defender not an attacker, he did his job today imo

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Paul Davis) centre-half Semi Ajayi not injured. Boss Paul Warne brought him off because he wasn't happy with two goals
    Ajayi needs coaching to be a decent defender, he won't get that with us.

Agreed MIllertop thought he linked up well with Newell today. He didn't need to take on players like Mattock does just fed Newell well with the simple ball to do the tricky stuff. It also meant he didn't get caught out pushing too far forward as Mattock is prone to do.

Shocking defending for the two goals. Ajayi clearly not in the game and right to be subbed. Heard someone on the radio saying Rodak was to blame for both goals??

Vaulks had an off day and he's allowed at least one the way that lad has been playing of late, wrong position for me. Can't believe the comments on Palmer, so what he got out muscled by their big lad in the middle of the park, come to think of it so did some of our other players at times but nothing said about them? Palmer last week, best thing since sliced bread, this week lambasted for his display. Some on here have short memories.

We played well enough to win and I for one think Smith deserved at least one goal today for his solid efforts. If I had to spot a weakness of late I would say Caolan Lwill avery has to start and Ball to be on the bench.

Sorry but this lad Lavery brings our game alight. He's quicker, slicker, doesn't get muscled off the ball as easy as Ball and he drags our game forward. Look how the momentum of the game picked up once he was introduced albeit 20 minutes too late!

We are nearly there so soon the challenge may be who we draw in the play offs? I'm quietly confident we have already done enough to qualify but, we must not take our foot off the pedal.
    Last edited by Brin; 07-04-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast