+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood post match thoughts

Fleetwood post match thoughts

How did Joe Newell not get MOM today? He was outstanding.

Also Vaulks has never been a defender.

Stupid decision to drop Emmanuel today for his mistake at Charlton. He offers a threat going forward.

Purrington...hasn't got an attacking bone in his body.

Neither has Palmer. I could do what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    Neither has Palmer. I could do what he does.
    Burton fans said the same,he only plays when he can be arsed what's up with some players today.3points another step closer to the play offs so happy days.

Having publicly criticised Emmanuel after the Charlton game, (probably rightly) Warney could hardly keep him in the starting line-up today. It does show that we haven't got a decent reserve right-back though. Despite dominating possession, we're still missing too many easy chances and we're still unable to mark the opposition properly at free kicks and corners. Great to get the three points in the bag today.... but Wigan away next, so a lot to work on during the week. Warney's got to try to get the players to address those faults, otherwise we could take a hammering
    Last edited by mikemiller; 07-04-2018 at 04:59 PM.

The difference between Palmer today and the last home game is huge. Last Friday he was awesome and today he may as well have stayed at home.

Purrington offered nothing but in fairness he hasn't had any kind of run in the side so maybe he could do better with more games under his belt.

I didn't understand taking Ajayi off for Emmanuel. We were already playing Vaulks out of position so it would have made sense to pull Palmer early, move Vaulks into CM and let Emmanuel drop in at RB. Ajayi was no worse than anybody else in my opinion.

Forde needs to drop to the bench for the next few games. Taylor deserves to start ahead of him.

Vaulks was rubbish and Newell was MOTM

Difficult side to play against, we played well in parts but ffs....we need a defensive coach

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Difficult side to play against, we played well in parts but ffs....we need a defensive coach
    Palmer can be a bit of a luxury player like a poor man's Ces Fab for Chelsea, I think he would work well in a 3 man midfield though with some cover in behind him. Thought Purrington did ok today and Newell was outstanding. 3 points without really putting in a top notch performance. Got to say they were a massive side like a set of giants, no wonder they score from set pieces

Purrington didn't do anything major wrong that I noticed and was much better second half and looked pretty decent.

We needed 3 points and we got them didn’t play that well.
    Against Peterborough we played really well and got 1 point I know which I prefer ?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast