+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T: O/T threads

O/T: O/T threads

OK so the Brexit thread has resurfaced. Some will rejoice, some will just think it clutters up the forum.

SO...

I’m prepared to ask FM for a second forum to put off topic threads on. If that’s what you want. Who knows if they’ll give us one but that comes later.

Opinions please, just yay or nay

Edit IMO The Ram Inn should have dcfc banter for certain, other footy probably, other sport possibly, other than that no. But that’s just me

It is or ought to be a football forum.

I'm not against the debates but don't think they belong on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    OK so the Brexit thread has resurfaced. Some will rejoice, some will just think it clutters up the forum.

SO...

I’m prepared to ask FM for a second forum to put off topic threads on. If that’s what you want. Who knows if they’ll give us one but that comes later.

Opinions please, just yay or nay

Edit IMO The Ram Inn should have dcfc banter for certain, other footy probably, other sport possibly, other than that no. But that’s just me
    I don’t really care either way.
    My opinion is that this is a forum for fans of DCFC and they are as entitled to a view on probably the most important decision this country had made in the last fifty years as anyone else.
    We have OT debates and this one happens to have attracted approaching three and a half thousand posts so there is obviously some demand.
    If I remember correctly, much as I respect his views, Manx is a bit of a Brexiteer so he probably wouldn’t want more public debate...the truth might come out.

Ultimately? Keep it as it is and let folk respond to what they want to.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-04-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I don’t really care either way.
    My opinion is that this is a forum for fans of DCFC and they are as entitled to a view on probably the most important decision this country had made in the last fifty years as anyone else.
    We have OT debates and this one happens to have attracted approaching three and a half thousand posts so there is obviously some demand.
    If I remember correctly, much as I respect his views, Manx is a bit of a Brexiteer so he probably wouldn’t want more public debate...the truth might come out.

Ultimately? Keep it as it is and let folk respond to what they want to.
    Ramanag I respect you too matey but if you can find a single post I have made off topic and I mean properly off topic I will buy you the seat of your choice at any given game.

To me this is a football forum and on that very basis Manx rarely if ever goes off piste.

Over to you matey

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Ramanag I respect you too matey but if you can find a single post I have made off topic and I mean properly off topic I will buy you the seat of your choice at any given game.

To me this is a football forum and on that very basis Manx rarely if ever goes off piste.

Over to you matey
    I started to look Manx but life’s too short.
    Didn’t realise you felt so strongly about it and it was only a joke, but I apologise for misrepresenting you and tarring you with the Brexit brush.
    For me it’s a forum for whatever DCFC folk want to talk about but I fully accept others might see it differently.
    Much more irritating to me are the Forest fans who come on here just to snipe. All for exchanging views with fans of other teams and there’s been some good exchanges with the likes of Acido and a couple of Cardiff fans but there’s two or three from the other end of the A52 who are just constantly repetitively negative and tiresome.

Didn’t realise you felt so strongly about it and it was only a joke, but I apologise for misrepresenting you and tarring you with the Brexit brush.
    For me it’s a forum for whatever DCFC folk want to talk about but I fully accept others might see it differently.
    Much more irritating to me are the Forest fans who come on here just to snipe. All for exchanging views with fans of other teams and there’s been some good exchanges with the likes of Acido and a couple of Cardiff fans but there’s two or three from the other end of the A52 who are just constantly repetitively negative and tiresome.
    And there's me thinking you liked me!

I would think there's no need for another forum. We had that previously and it died a natural death. Plus by this time next year Brexit should be done with, so there's little left for Tricky to post his 'wonderful' political views.
    I think OTs are okay here, but hey it's just my view. Do whatever is best.

No offence taken from me matey. I'm happy to continue ignoring O/T threads if the general consensus is that there is a place for them on the board. As for our friends from the Trent us potentially missing out again is the most exciting part of their season which speaks for itself. You are right Acido seems a good egg as does Millwall Claw.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    And there's me thinking you liked me!

I would think there's no need for another forum. We had that previously and it died a natural death. Plus by this time next year Brexit should be done with, so there's little left for Tricky to post his 'wonderful' political views.
    I think OTs are okay here, but hey it's just my view. Do whatever is best.
    No problem with you Rom...just the verbal equivalent of the motorway bridge morons that irritate me. All for intelligent exchanges and banter with fans from elsewhere but the jibes from those who have little else to offer and nothing of their own to play for irritate me more than any OT’s do.
    For the same reason, if and - perhaps - when we beat Barnsley next week I hope we don’t indulge in the ‘let’s all laugh at Barnsley’ song. They’re a decent, genuine club who do well on little money imo and relegation is tough enough without being mocked...save the taunts for those who deserve it...football karma.

No problem with you Rom...just the verbal equivalent of the motorway bridge morons that irritate me. All for intelligent exchanges and banter with fans from elsewhere but the jibes from those who have little else to offer and nothing of their own to play for irritate me more than any OT’s do.
    For the same reason, if and - perhaps - when we beat Barnsley next week I hope we don’t indulge in the ‘let’s all laugh at Barnsley’ song. They’re a decent, genuine club who do well on little money imo and relegation is tough enough without being mocked...save the taunts for those who deserve it...football karma.
    Tick to that last bit, I 100% want to beat them but there’s no fun in sentencing a decent but less well-heeled club like Barnsley, my rejoicing will be what we do FOR ourselves, not TO Barnsley

I got nothing against Barnsley either. Just a little teasing with Acido who apparently went ballistic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)