+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL to investigate Accrington Stanley...what a farce!

EFL to investigate Accrington Stanley...what a farce!

The Accrington Stanley Chairman Andy Holt is under investigation for allegedly extra incentivising his players to win, by offering something that is not any part of their registered contracts. I couldn't believe what I was hearing on Five live today whilst on my way to the match.

Apparently he offers to treat all the players who played on a winning match day to a McDonalds burger.

Is this the most stupid thing ever by the EFL? It's a ferking burger not a gold plated Rolls Royce.

Actually the knives are out for Andy Holt as he has rattled those in the ivory tower of the Premier League with recent comments. Holt has recently said 'Football League clubs were like a starving peasant begging for scraps from the top flight'.

The Premier League responded 'We will be writing to Mr Holt to ask him if he wishes the Premier League to continue the support we currently provide for his and other clubs in the EFL'

Holt said other Chairmen support him.

Looks to me that they have passed the crap downhill to the EFL to cause embarrassment in any way they can hence the 'Burger gate ' investigation. In a word, Pathetic.
    Last edited by Brin; 07-04-2018 at 06:49 PM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43669872

It's been sorted he can still do it so long as jts not linked to performance.

What a joke it's hardly a bung in a brown envelope.

Top reply from Holt when he said "You have to wonder what these folk would do with their life if it wasn't for my errors of judgement".

Burger gate closed then. Thank **** he didn't tell them he buys in extra ketchup and mayonnaise for the long coach trips home after an away game!

Pathetic when there’s a more serious crime being made in most games week in week out that seems to be ignored.

Officiating

I seem to remember that during the season Leicester won the Premiership Ranieri took the team out for a pizza after a victory. Was that ever investigated?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I seem to remember that during the season Leicester won the Premiership Ranieri took the team out for a pizza after a victory. Was that ever investigated?
    Errrrr. no! Very good point indeed.

Prem/EFL what do you expect when Holt gave out a valid statement the Prem didn't like.