+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Partridge To Ipswich

Partridge To Ipswich

Thats the rumour anyway. So we'll be playing Putin, Pardew, Mowbray and gawd knows who else next season on this crap manager merry go round.

I wouldn't say Mowbray is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Mowbray is a decent bloke...anyone that plays for nothing to keep the club solvent as he did when at Middlesbrough along with Nigel Pearson to highlight just two of the managers we have been involved with...top blokes

Pulis always beat us when he was Stoke manager and then we almost always beat them when he was ours. You cant call him a bad manager. Dont like his style, fair enough, neither did I. I dont think for one minute we would be talking certain relegation now if we had sacked him at the end of the season, which for me was the better time for him to go. There's no way the bad run would have lasted this long without enough results to have us in the mix at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Pulis always beat us when he was Stoke manager and then we almost always beat them when he was ours. You cant call him a bad manager. Dont like his style, fair enough, neither did I. I dont think for one minute we would be talking certain relegation now if we had sacked him at the end of the season, which for me was the better time for him to go. There's no way the bad run would have lasted this long without enough results to have us in the mix at worst.
    Don't know what you're on boingy but Pulis went enough games to be relegated, just that they were spread over two seasons. You talk about not liking his style, well neither did most of the fans and more and more seats were becoming visible during games. The clowns that we have up front now would never have got us out of trouble....especially with the tactics Pulis was using.

If and when the penny drops and the silly buggers in the backroom appoint Pearson and Shakespeare then you will see good football again.

Pardew lambert and disaster hughes -fans have a right to despair at how utterly useless directors are when it comes to appointments brian clough was never wrong anout that

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Pardew lambert and disaster hughes -fans have a right to despair at how utterly useless directors are when it comes to appointments brian clough was never wrong anout that
    It’s easy to say that but there’s one certainty each season......three teams will be relegated and that’s three out of a probable 13/14 teams.

It wouldn’t matter if you had 20 Pep’s managing in the division then 3 Pep’s will get relegated.

Most of us said on here during the good times that it was only a matter of time before we got relegated again and thus it is so.

During the next 5 years Bournemouth,Huddersfield,Palace,Swansea,Brighton will probably all drop again.

All it takes is a series of small errors on and off the pitch in the way that we have this season and you’re gone.

I don’t believe ANY manager could’ve kept us up this season.

We have an old,slow squad and we don’t have goals scorers up front or in midfield.

It’s not a great recipe is it!!?

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I would. Players respond to passionate managers like Atkinson, Megson and now Nuno at Wolves, not someone who stands with his hands in his pockets with a face like a wet Sunday.
    His football was great in the Championship, but he was badly out of his depth in the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Don't know what you're on boingy but Pulis went enough games to be relegated, just that they were spread over two seasons. You talk about not liking his style, well neither did most of the fans and more and more seats were becoming visible during games. The clowns that we have up front now would never have got us out of trouble....especially with the tactics Pulis was using.

If and when the penny drops and the silly buggers in the backroom appoint Pearson and Shakespeare then you will see good football again.
    Really not getting this Pearson Shakespeare obsession GLM. Are they paying you a commission? lol I just cant get excited over them at all plus it will cost us a mint in straight jackets.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I would. Players respond to passionate managers like Atkinson, Megson and now Nuno at Wolves, not someone who stands with his hands in his pockets with a face like a wet Sunday.
    His football was great in the Championship, but he was badly out of his depth in the prem.
    We were only 2-3 points from staying up under Mowbray. The board gave him very little to money to bring in new players. Darn sight better than anyone we have had since, and I include Hodgson in that.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)