+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MFC Awards

MFC Awards

And tonight's winners are.....

Goal of the season - Carl McHugh
    Young Player of the Year - Alan Campbell
    Top Goal Scorer - Craig Tanner
    Special Recognition Award - Stevie Hammell
    Management and Coaching Player of the Year - Richard Tait

and

Well Society Player of the Year and Players Player of the Year - TREVOR CARSON

Congratulations all.
    Last edited by jwok; 07-04-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Congratulations to all the award winners and pleased my nomination won player of the year IMO totally deserved ������

Hard to argue with any of that, especially Trevor Carson's award. It really has been a breath of fresh air having a solid and more than competent goalkeeper this season, after enduring Samson last year. Carson has been a key part in the side and won us many a point and helped us progress in both Cups.

The goal of the season for me and I expect the majority of Motherwell fans has to be Louis Moult at Hampden in the League Cup, that was utterly sublime, showing tremendous technique and boldness. He's no longer with us though which is why that wasn't goal of the season but McHugh's strike against Hearts was a worthy contender so well done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Hard to argue with any of that, especially Trevor Carson's award. It really has been a breath of fresh air having a solid and more than competent goalkeeper this season, after enduring Samson last year. Carson has been a key part in the side and won us many a point and helped us progress in both Cups.

The goal of the season for me and I expect the majority of Motherwell fans has to be Louis Moult at Hampden in the League Cup, that was utterly sublime, showing tremendous technique and boldness. He's no longer with us though which is why that wasn't goal of the season but McHugh's strike against Hearts was a worthy contender so well done to him.
    I don't get the constant references to Moult on this site and others; he's yesterday's man. Move on FFS.

I think it's a toss up between the goal of the season contenders but I don't understand how Tanner can get top scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    I don't get the constant references to Moult on this site and others; he's yesterday's man. Move on FFS.
    He is yesterday's man, but he is the main reason we had such a good start to the season and how we managed to accumulate enough points to keep us safe from relegation AND take us to a Cup Final. We are unquestionably suffering without him and whether you or anyone else likes it or not, that is a talking point.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    He is yesterday's man, but he is the main reason we had such a good start to the season and how we managed to accumulate enough points to keep us safe from relegation AND take us to a Cup Final. We are unquestionably suffering without him and whether you or anyone else likes it or not, that is a talking point.
    That point re getting us to a Cup Final I can go with ... he most certainly was the difference that day against Sevco. The comment he's the main reason we're not getting relegated stretches the truth somewhat IMO; our squad, management, fans and backroom staff are the reason we ain't going down. I do have fond memories of Moulty, but that's what they are - just memories. Roll on Saturday - hopefully our new 'Main' man can 5hag the Sheep!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)