+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speak to us Mr Martin.

Martin and Southern are basically the quislings in some sort of Vichy Government under the jackboot of the true boss, Mr Thompson.

If there is a takeover/investment in the offing then its probably within the brief to keep the current infrastructure in place until it happens so the new owners can reorganise in their own way with as few added costs as possible.

Any new owners will have a manager/structure/longer plan in mind and will base the investment on the cost of replacing/paying off the existing management not having an extra load of payoffs extra.

I would imagine much of the board, team management and club peripherals will already be quietly looking for other places to destroy.

the problem goes further than the whats happening on the pitch. there needs to be a structure put in place throughout the club so when it comes to management decisions, we dont end up with duds like in recent years. it seems like any decisions being made at the club in recent years have been guess work. no process. no direction.

if this takeover happens its a great chance for united to go back to its roots and change everything by putting structure in place to ensure uniteds future is always bright no matter whats happening on the park.

Put a structure in place so we only sign managers that will be successful? This is a pipe dream and not possible, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Put a structure in place so we only sign managers that will be successful? This is a pipe dream and not possible, IMHO.
    Exactly. Look at Hearts. Got it wrong with Cathro (or were not patient enough).

It’s not so much about how decision is made but about making the right decision.

It was obvious that likes of Mixu and Csaba were left field appointments with lot of risk and where you couldn’t be confident it would work out. Fairly soon the appointments started to unravel.

Ray McK was the right type of appointment. He had good spells but it didn’t work out. To be fair to him his reign was not marked with the kind of routine humiliations under Mixu and Csaba

In fairness to all of them ST being in charge probably didn’t help either.

It’s actually not rocket science to see best available manager with best record and to interview them to see they are good enough and meet requirements and have vision for club

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    It’s actually not rocket science to see best available manager with best record and to interview them to see they are good enough and meet requirements and have vision for club
    That’s essentially what happened with csaba to be fair. I’m sure we’d all like pep Guardiola but there’s not a huge amount of coaches interested in United. He showed a vision in line with the club’s and had a good record. After our first three matches under him not a single fan would have guessed he’d turn out to be such a bombscare. Appointing any manager is a gamble and to be fair I’m more of a fan of going for a risky off-piste type man than the same-old same-old John Hughes type that do phuck all at every club they’re at but “know Scottish football”.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Exactly. Look at Hearts. Got it wrong with Cathro (or were not patient enough).
    yet hearts are still a premiership club even after getting it wrong. thats what i mean by the structure at the club needs to change. it should be that the manager could change as much as it wants but the direction and purpose of the club should still always be in the same direction.

like i said most decisions at tannadice in recent years have been more guess work than actually good research into the man being appointed. Every manager is a risk but mixu and CL were both too left field with poor record of actually getting us out of the trouble we were in.

Mixu was poor at hibs but decent at killie. so was 50/50 when appointed at tannadice.
    CL was good at hearts when he had the players then was poor afterwards. his records elsewhere bar 1 i think were poor also. so not a "safer risk"

Ray didnt exactly work out but the odds on him being able to achieve his targets were possibly higher as he had done well in the in the previous jobs he had at brechin and raith.

this doesnt always work so dont rip me apart for this post but when we got rid of Ray we needed someone who had a better/proven record of the championship and also getting teams out of the divison. Mcintyre, hughes type imo

Should United suffer another humiliating defeat tomorrow night I think Ellis should be put in charge for the remaining 4 games and the play offs ( if we can secure 4th place ).

The embarrassment and shame brought to the club has to stop - enough is enough.

Sadly, it's not worked out for Csaba, I am sure he is a decent bloke and means well and is trying his best, but for the greater good of the club something has to change . Csaba has tried his best under difficult circumstances, but I think it's time for change, it's just not working.

I am also hearing that United only have 4 first team squad players signed for next season - unsure if this is accurate information.

I’m struggling to think of 4 players that should be kept.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)