+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Speak to us Mr Martin.

An update from chairman Mike Martin.
    https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/arabzone

Little mention of Csaba which makes you wonder if he didn’t want to be asked questions on his position. Lots of good stuff but the big concern remains whether we have the right man to lead the team to promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabiain1969 View Post
    Little mention of Csaba which makes you wonder if he didn’t want to be asked questions on his position. Lots of good stuff but the big concern remains whether we have the right man to lead the team to promotion.
    Yeah, noticed that too. Not surprising though as MM’s already publicly stated he’s here for the long term, so to make mention of his position would just drive wild speculation. Also, it was a pretty friendly interview and I’d guess they’d agreed beforehand the questions to be put forward.

He is the manager for the time being, But my question to the people in charge what the hell have they been doing the last 6 month, cause what the fans had to watch has been nothing short of brutal..I have said it before, i have never seen a manager turn it around and turn into a good manager, with so many things that just baffle me , tactics formation, players that don't even want to be on the park..Fraser for certain, Robson, who confidence was shot to pieces kept playing him, and he must just making a mess near every game, then he drops him the very last game of the season totally and utter madness....I will get behind the team, just how long i will last..I honestly think first game of the season, will tell me his intentions ...

How can you know if Robson's confidence was shot to pieces? Total assumption.

Martin speaks well. But we are going nowhere fast with the clown. Yet more stormy weather ahead. We are not going up this season and i only hope that the clown is sacked because of that. However, the rhetoric seems to be give him 2 years.

Jesus **** - hope im wrong.

Terry you know why his confidence was shot to pieces the last few months he was making calamity errors near every game, and i was at near every one to see him do it...What do you really think he was full of confidence...Honestly Terry it was not rocket science, to see when someone confidence is low...

Quote Originally Posted by Arabiain1969 View Post
    The Csaba question was left off the table, if you look at MM’s desk it looked like he had a pre printed list of Q’s and A’s. I’m sure it was agreed what was talked about and what wasn’t. MM’s shrewd enough not to go on the record without knowing what’s going to be asked and looking at it overall he got his message across without making it look obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    The Csaba question was left off the table, if you look at MM’s desk it looked like he had a pre printed list of Q’s and A’s. I’m sure it was agreed what was talked about and what wasn’t. MM’s shrewd enough not to go on the record without knowing what’s going to be asked and looking at it overall he got his message across without making it look obvious.
    Just another fluff piece for me.

I don't like these structured interviews and if I'm honest the way Martin speaks just comes across as a wee touch patronising and a wee touch disingenuous - not saying that's the case and it's maybe just my preference for delivery.

I honestly don't care about 90% of the topics he is discussing - I'd genuinely rather we didn't have a massive investment in a sports bar, or the corporate facilities, or diagnostic ****ing medical equipment (which I genuinely think is lip service in light of the thread popping up on here).

I'd rather we used all this money to punt the clown and hire a competent manager, or, if it really must be him, give him a serious budget to go and win the leagu - not sure what value the investment in the sports bar is but I'd wager it's a t least 2 or 3 of our top earners salary - another 2 or 3 at Fyvies level in the side and we canter this league.

I also noted with interest he stressed that only newly signed players were subject to the 25 mile radius rule - I knew that would be the case but probably leaves us with a large number of players still doing the commuting thing he was so scathing of. This, for me could cause divide in the dressing room - for me if you want to make a radical change like that it needs to be across the board.

Once again I'm left feeling a wee bit dirty after a MM interview - like I've just watched someone selling snake oil and the masses lapping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    I'd genuinely rather we didn't have a massive investment in a sports bar, or the corporate facilities, or diagnostic ****ing medical equipment (which I genuinely think is lip service in light of the thread popping up on here).
    You really can't see how all these things can help improve the club's revenue and first team?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)