+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Speak to us Mr Martin.

Here is a good motto: "Don't say nothing, unless you know what you are talking about" .

Don't say nothing? That's exactly what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    Here is a good motto: "Don't say nothing, unless you know what you are talking about" .

This forum wouldn’t exist.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    This forum wouldn’t exist.
    Very true. This forum is full of rumours and a few peeps who like to spin a yarn.

The latest rumour I have heard today ( not on this forum ) is that United might be interested in Goodwille - this is on Twitter, but again, you can't believe everything on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    Yes but it makes sense to prioritise getting the club into the top flight over anything else. MM said something in his interviews along the lines of being in the Championship is expensive business - well get out of it and then look at other revenue streams. To me it looks like he is saying in order for the club to survive in the Championship long term, we need additional revenue - that scares me as we should be thinking, we'll get out this league first then look to improve off the park from a stronger base.

The Fun have owners with genuine cash to use, as well as a relative safety net of Premiership income and players with potential to attract reasonable fees. Theres also the parachute payment if they do get relegated (and they will this year IMO)

I admire MM for stepping into the breach but I don't think it's controversial to say our current board isn't awash with cash to keep covering losses, improving the playing squad and staff and expanding off park areas at the moment. I'd rather he focused on the main thing - i.e the football club and it's league position.

I'm not big on this "match day experience" thing bandied around - I go to the game to have a pint with mates and watch my team, but in fairnesss to the fun, a crematorium will improve their match day experience as attending a funeral has to be a happier experience than sitting watching that ****e.
    Agree about the 'match day experience' rubbish. It's football, you get a pie, go to the game and get a pint afterwards. The only thing I care about is the product on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Agree about the 'match day experience' rubbish. It's football, you get a pie, go to the game and get a pint afterwards. The only thing I care about is the product on the pitch.
    Really needs to be said that the pies on sale at Tannadice are awful - cheap, nasty and total rip off prices.

Now, I know that United sub contract the food outlets, but needs to be said that the pies are disgusting and expensive.

Sorry i was out order with clown bit, You are backing that idiot in charge to the hilt or close to it, and for me you know the people that are at loads of games are very angry with tactics formation, some of the things he has done are mind boggling...To say the least, he took over when we were second and he just took us to a level football i never thought he could do with that squad, in all honesty his record since he took over is so bad it must be one the worst in UK in all leagues ..You are about the only one that does not seem angry with him..I can see first pars corner 11 in the box, i will be totally surprised if he does not go back right away first game of the season, i will be raging if he does, how the hell we going to get promoted doing this, its not Barca Real Man city were playing for god sake..

When you read the BBC story headline

"Dundee United: Csaba Laszlo will be given time - Mike Martin"

You just know that gives the other 9 teams a boost

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    Very true. This forum is full of rumours and a few peeps who like to spin a yarn.

The latest rumour I have heard today ( not on this forum ) is that United might be interested in Goodwille - this is on Twitter, but again, you can't believe everything on these forums.
    I heard the Goodwillie story also heard we inquired about the boy shankland at ayr but they wanted nearly 400k.To be honest heard loads of centre forwards names being mentioned rumour mill defo in full flow now.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Log View Post
    Is it beyond the realms of possibility that licenced premises open on match days only could turn a profit?

You seem to be dismissing a lot of the changes as stuff we should have anyway. Does the chairman not deserve some credit for identifying areas of improvement and then taking action? It's a far cry from ST cutting every corner possible.

You seem to be incapable of taking anything positive out of anything MM says or does.
    Agree. Under ST change was minimal and club was clearly moving backwards.

MM has come in and in a short period of time has made a number of changes that will hopefully bare fruit in the future.

You can’t expect these changes to have an immediate impact giving the state the club is/was in.

Communication between club and fans has improved greatly, bt despit this we can’t expect MM to answer every question. Dnt think any chairman at any club does that.

So for the start of season tomor let’s have some positive thoughts get behind the club and take each game at a time. If csaba doesn’t cut the muster he will be gone. If he does jobs a good ane!

COME ON UTD!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)